Starting Procedure

orangeokie

Maybe the Clutch switch itself is not working properly -member don't lose the ball. and if your relays are too far gone switching them around will either do nothing or make it worse.  :huh2:  :luigi:

68922[/snapback]

This bike only has 1100 miles on it. I find it hard to believe anything is already "broken."

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you hear a click from the clutch micro switch when pulling it in to the bars !!.

Gary

68935[/snapback]

Yes, I can hear the "click" when pulling in the clutch lever.

Carl Allison is coming over this morning to help me sort it out I'll post up the results later.

Thanks for everyone's help. :bier:

Yes, I can hear the "click" when pulling in the clutch lever. 

Carl Allison is coming over this morning to help me sort it out  I'll post up the results later.

Thanks for everyone's help. :bier:

68955[/snapback]

My stock Spark battery, after recharging, read 11.5 volts. I replaced it with a Hawker Odyssey PC545 and she started right up. I had already replaced the stock clutch switch bullet connectors with some 24K gold blingers, so I should be good to go in that department. However, I now have another problem . . . no tack and no headlight! Help Mr Wizard . . . <_>

37L141S5.jpg

My stock Spark battery, after recharging, read 11.5 volts.  I replaced it with a Hawker Odyssey PC545 and she started right up.  I had already replaced the stock clutch switch bullet connectors with some 24K gold blingers, so I should be good to go in that department.  However, I now have another problem . . . no tack and no headlight!  Help Mr Wizard . . . <_>

37L141S5.jpg

68983[/snapback]

Just a thought- when you swapped relays did you make sure they all went back in the original position? If by any chance you placed a 4 pin in a 5 pin slot this may be your problem. I know this from my own mistakes!

All of my electrical niggles on my V11 have been relay related so it may be worth checking and swapping again methodically- and if you still have Seimens dump them for Bosch or Omron.

Guy :helmet:

Just a thought- when you swapped relays did you make sure they all went back in the original position? If by any chance you placed a 4 pin in a 5 pin slot this may be your problem. I know this from my own mistakes!

All of my electrical niggles on my V11 have been relay related so it may be worth checking and swapping again methodically- and if you still have Seimens dump them for Bosch or Omron.

Guy  :helmet:

68998[/snapback]

I did play musical relays, so maybe that is my problem. Numbering from front to back, into which slot does the 5-pin go?

If you are replacing all your relays with new ones best to buy 5 pins only- a 5 pin will work in a 4 pin slot but not visa versa.

Guy  :helmet:

69072[/snapback]

Guy

Did you get your relays in the uk!!. I think i will order some, along with a new battery.

Gary :mg::xmas:

Guy

Did you get your relays in the uk!!. I think i will order some, along with a new battery.

Gary :mg:  :xmas:

69087[/snapback]

Hi Gary

I bought Omron relays from my local delar Moto Strada- Jason will mail them to you if you ask him.

I can recommend a Hawker Odyssey battery - expensive but tough and long lasting with good cranking power in the cold. Motorworks sell them.

Regards

Guy :helmet:

For some reason, I am unable to start my Rosso Corsa.  Is there a secret decoder ring or something?  Bike is in neutral, kill switch off, ingniton on, can hear fuel pump whining, push starter button, nothing.  Pull clutch in and try . . . nothing.  Lift kick stand and try . . . nothing.  Any suggestions?

67316[/snapback]

I have the same problem. Try slowly rotating the front wheel, to the left or right, while holding the start switch(in neutral and ignition on, too). It could be the wire from the switch to the starter is stretched and looses its contact points.

:D

I have the same problem. Try slowly rotating the front wheel, to the left or right, while holding the start switch(in neutral and ignition on, too).  It could be the wire from the switch to the starter is stretched and looses its contact points.

:D

69395[/snapback]

That - is more likely to be the clutch switch wires being pulled a bit taut under the left side of the tank. The starter switch is a lot less likely as the switch wiring loom uses some very capable AMP type connectors. The crappy clutch interlock switch uses some questionable bullet connectors.

That - is more likely to be the clutch switch wires being pulled a bit taut under the left side of the tank. The starter switch is a lot less likely as the switch wiring loom uses some very capable AMP type connectors. The crappy clutch interlock switch uses some questionable bullet connectors.

69427[/snapback]

Thanks Carl. Yes, I meant the clutch switch. :doh: ! I had it replaced, kept the same wire, but routed it to get more slack... mine was twisted around other wires for some reason. Haven't had the problem since then. :D

• 2 years later...
For some reason, I am unable to start my Rosso Corsa. Is there a secret decoder ring or something? Bike is in neutral, kill switch off, ingniton on, can hear fuel pump whining, push starter button, nothing. Pull clutch in and try . . . nothing. Lift kick stand and try . . . nothing. Any suggestions?

Hey, try my thing! It works for me.....pull in the clutch as normal........press the starter......(You will have nothing) at the same time as clutch in and starter pressed...put the bike into second, first, second and generally fiddle with the gear lever.....I do this to mine and it fires straight away!