OK then what's this

Guest aironepony

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the life of me, I can't imagine how this motor would be used in that application...

68893[/snapback]

Target practise? It started out as a whole motorbike.

Guest aironepony
Charles Draper, who invented the lead sight mechanism (along w/some other folks).  For the life of me, I can't imagine how this motor would be used in that application...except as a difference engine... :nerd:

68893[/snapback]

Ah! but think Italian.

The Artillery Gunsight is a separate invention that has no functional connection to the engine at all.............. :thumbsup:

The Artillery Gunsight is a separate invention that has no functional connection to the engine at all....

68990[/snapback]

and that engine clearly has no functional connection to anything at all either

Too small to be a 350. It's post WWII.

Damn, it looks like a modified Guzzino/Cardellino (49cc/65cc) or Motoleggero (65cc) engine. Damn. Both of those were two strokes, but this motor has been obviously modified to be a 4 stroke. BTW, the Guzzino was designed by Antonio Micucci....sigh....I'm beat here. Damn.

Ha! Reading more (from this site) about the Colibri (the precursor to the Guzzino), mentions that there was an aftermarket bolt-on 4 stroke conversion! heh....

Here's a couple cool links I ran across:

a Guzzi Desmo link. Crazy Dutch. :ninja:

And I ran across George Dockray's site which has the best set of Guzzi links I've ever seen. Damn. :notworthy:

Guest aironepony
Too small to be a 350.  It's post WWII.

Damn, it looks like a modified Guzzino/Cardellino (49cc/65cc) or Motoleggero (65cc) engine.  Damn.  Both of those were two strokes, but this motor has been obviously modified to be a 4 stroke.  BTW, the Guzzino was designed by Antonio Micucci....sigh....I'm beat here. Damn.

Ha!  Reading more (from this site) about the Colibri (the precursor to the Guzzino), mentions that there was an aftermarket bolt-on 4 stroke conversion!  heh....

Here's  a couple cool links I ran across:

a Guzzi Desmo link.  Crazy Dutch. :ninja:

And I ran across George Dockray's site which has the best set of Guzzi links I've ever seen.  Damn. :notworthy:

69159[/snapback]

Ho ho ho...you are so close that I'm tempted to reveal all...but wait....hold fast...the answer is ...........

......... :thumbsup:

Ha!  Reading more (from this site) about the Colibri (the precursor to the Guzzino), mentions that there was an aftermarket bolt-on 4 stroke conversion!  heh....

Now that explains the bolt-on pump, which looks completely anachronistic for what is otherwise an apparently 60s/70s engine, and which I thought was there purely for the sake of misdirection. Looks like the right track.

m

Guest aironepony
and that engine clearly has no functional connection to anything at all either

68993[/snapback]

Ah! let's mull over this idea of functionality.

Pause for a moment................consider the sea urchin. How would it feel if it's functionality was drawn into question and dismissed by an alien species. Hurt? Wounded?

As the Sea Urchin would say, function can only be understood when one perceives and feels it. .................. :thumbsup:

Ah! let's mull over this idea of functionality.

Pause for a moment................consider the sea urchin. How would it feel if it's functionality was drawn into question and dismissed by an alien species. Hurt? Wounded? 

As the Sea Urchin would say, function can only be understood when one perceives and feels it. .................. :thumbsup:

69243[/snapback]

So....

Aircooled but no fan, apparently, so meant as motive power rather than some form of stationary engine. Anachronistic, badly plumbed, bolt-on oil(?) pump, apparently linked to an integral gearbox. No apparent gear selection mechanism, although there is a rod whose function is not clear. Mounting points for underslung mounting. Kickstarter.

If it wasn't for the lack of fan, I might think this was a well-engineered lawnmower engine.

Guest aironepony
So....

Aircooled but no fan, apparently, so meant as motive power rather than some form of stationary engine.  Anachronistic, badly plumbed,  bolt-on oil(?) pump, apparently linked to an integral gearbox.  No apparent gear selection mechanism, although there is a rod whose function is not clear.  Mounting points for underslung mounting.  Kickstarter.

If it wasn't for the lack of fan, I might think this was a well-engineered lawnmower engine.

69337[/snapback]

Nope, it ain't a lawnmower. It does have a "3 speed" gearbox. The rod that you spy is the clutch operating lever. Quaint ain't it?

It is Italian AND moved a bike about........... :thumbsup: