Winter!!

Ouiji Veck

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come to America! We have plenty of smooth empty desert roads.

78086[/snapback]

That's where we are headed- a few days at Santa Monica to get over the flight, then hiring the bikes and doing a 3000 mile tour including Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, Utah and then back to California again, and another coulpe of days at Santa Monica to relax before flying home.

Never been to the USA before so am looking forward to it!

Guy :helmet:

Well, it looks like I'll be doing some winter riding soon. I got a phone call from my wife last night and was informed that my truck has been destroyed in a rollover. She was driving down the highway and a truck in the next lane lost some of its cargo off the back. The car immediately behind braked and swerved coming sideways in front of my wife. She also braked and swerved, missing the car but caught the edge of the pavement and (luckily at slow speed) went over an embankment and rolled 2 times. She is physically unhurt but a little shaken up. The police statment puts the truck driver 100% at fault so insurance will cover the loss no problem (if you can trust insurance companies).

She thinks God was trying to tell her something because she would have taken her car that morning but it had a flat and then she locked her keys in the truck and was delayed 20 minutes and then she saw there was a bad accident on the highway and further down the road she had her mishap. I told her God didn't want her to have an accident in her liitle car so He made her take my truck and He didn't want her in the bad accident so He delayed her enough so that she would be in the second accident. I then told her that His master plan was to get me riding the Guzzi more. I think she feels a little better now.

On the other hand, I'm working in Northern BC where there is lots of snow and it is below freezing whereas back home they are having superb February weather- sunny and 15 degrees. I hope it is like that when i get home because I'll be bikng lots!!

Thanks. All I wanted to hear was that she was OK but she kept apologising for my truck. Hearing her voice was enough.

I actually am glad that I'll have to depend on my bike for transport. I used my truck too much for driving that didn't need a truck but I'll have a tough time on some of the logging roads with the V11. Maybe I need a Quota too....

Thanks. All I wanted to hear was that she was OK but she kept apologising for my truck. Hearing her voice was enough.

I actually am glad that I'll have to depend on my bike for transport. I used my truck too much for driving that didn't need a truck but I'll have a tough time on some of the logging roads with the V11. Maybe I need a Quota too....

78092[/snapback]

Wherabouts did your wife's mishap occur Jim? Glad everything's ok. Hope they give you the true replacement cost of the truck. You know how insurance is, unless the truck was new enough to have purchased replacement cost insurance.

Where are you right now?

Speaking of riding, I'll be out on one of my other ones Saturday. I've been asked if my Jota can be made available for a pictorial in an upcoming issue of Road Rider Magazine. The photographer/editor has a few choice locations offering an Italian theme I'm sure.

Ciao, Steve G.

78092[/snapback]

Hi Jim, sorry to hear about your wifes accident, but am very glad to hear that she's ok!......they made alot of trucks all the same as yours, but only one of your missus.....Good luck with ICBC, if you need help with values etc. give me a call, l can help

:bier:

Cheers

Van

It happened between Abbotsford and Chilliwack. Talking to a few people they say ICBC will start off by looking in Buy and Sell and then offering me the lowest price they find. I have been advised to research sales in Buy and Sell and a few dealerships to counter with the best prices I can find. It was a 1998 Ford F250 with 185,000 km so the mileage is high but I bought it new and can show all the options and accessories so I think I might have to work at this one a bit. I'll let you know how it works out.

Since you mention replacement insurance I asked an agent a couple of years ago why they ask for a declared value when insuring a bike. She said that if the bike is stolen they will either find a similar bike and buy it for you ar give you declared value - whichever is cheaper. I asked her who decides if a replacement bike is truly equal and she said that that would have to be negotiated with ICBC. It sounds like it will never be easy but ever since I have figured on valueing my Guzzi a bit high because they are not going to find a replacement very easily. I only hope what she said is true.

Hi Jim !

How's it going after the wife's accident??

As l said before, glad to hear that she's ok, and now all you have to deal with is ICBC. :angry:

You're on the right path, get info from the Buy & Sell, the Sun & Province, and also try the following, go to Toyota.ca , their web site has a link into the Canadian Black Book for trade in values, .....get into the site and just follow it to "VEHICLES" and then down the column to "Appraise my trade-in", that links you to the "Canadian Black Book" this is the "Bible" as far as ICBC is concerned as that is what they base their payouts on. You should be able to argue/convince etc them to pay out at least $3000.00 over the black book amount. Also at this time because your truck had high km's any receipts for new tires etc. help

GOOD LUCK !!

Cheers

van

Hi Jim !

How's it going after the wife's accident??

As l said before, glad to hear that she's ok, and now all you have to deal with is ICBC.  :angry:

You're on the right path, get info from the Buy & Sell, the Sun & Province, and also try the following, go to Toyota.ca , their web site has a link into the Canadian Black Book for trade in values, .....get into the site and just follow it to "VEHICLES" and then down the column to "Appraise my trade-in", that links you to the "Canadian Black Book" this is the "Bible" as far as ICBC is concerned as that is what they base their payouts on. You should be able to argue/convince etc them to pay out at least $3000.00 over the black book amount. Also at this time because your truck had high km's any receipts for new tires etc. help

GOOD LUCK !!

Cheers

van

78602[/snapback]

Wow. Appreciate that very much. That is a great link. I'm still away from home so i have some time to build up my data before I deal with ICBC. Funny thing is I just got that extra roadstar for the first time and so far they have been extremely helpful. They have said I can rent a car no charge until I get another vehicle and so on. I do have all the receipts from the day I bought the truck so that is more ammo.

I have a line on another truck already from a friend at an impound lot. I might have a deal to upgrade about 3 years and with a diesel for almost no extra money. We'll see how I make out with ICBC.

Thanks Van

Jim

• 4 weeks later...

YEAH so ok I put 50 miles on my bike Friday, got new tabs, went to Bettys bikes and buns had a malt with espresso. AND monday is pisses down 12" of snow WITH another 6-8 expected tonight tomorrow. Traffic was sooo bad on monday cars couldn't make it up the exit ramps on the freeway and buses were stuck IN THE MIDDLE of the streets unable to move their heavy butts on flat ground. Must have seen 5 or 6 busses stuck. Its like a nightmare, all ready to ride and Poof gone in an instant. :angry:

Wouldn't know there wasn't a drop of snow or ice anywhere in town last weekend. Lots of the roads are still crappy today. :huh2: