numb feet on v 11

bigbikerrick

when I ride on long highway rides, the area of my feet that touches the footpegs goes numb and kind of feels like a "burning " sensation. anyone else experience this? I would like to try one of those footpeg lowering kits to see if that would help some , the pegs do seem to be positioned a little too high. Is there anyone that has one of those kits that they want to sell?( I cant remember who made or makes them )

Guest ratchethack

Rick, I'm fairly sensitive to the numbing effects of vibration and the pegs don't bother me. Have you had your TBs balanced properly? I'd be sure to check this first. The benefits of getting it right go way beyond comfortable feet. :sun:

How bent are your legs? Could you be cutting off circulation? There's a big ol' vein that runs down the inside of your leg that could be pinching because your knees are so bent. Do a search for the inferior vena cava or the common iliac vein.

Can you feel much vibration through your hands? That's usually where people feel it when the TB's are off.

Edit- or your feet could just be sensitive....

I am a medical doctor. It is my educated opinion that your four pack a day cigarette habit has effectively cut off the circulation to your dogs.

You should be as ashamed as I am proud! :D

when I ride on long highway rides, the area of my feet that touches the footpegs goes numb and kind of feels like a "burning " sensation. anyone else experience this? I would like to try one of those footpeg lowering kits to see if that would help some , the pegs do seem to be positioned a little too high. Is there anyone that has one of those kits that they want to sell?( I cant remember who made or makes them )

69133[/snapback]

This may sound like a Sierra Alpha reply, but have you considered trying different boots?

Seriously, I find the buzz intolerable for long distances in my cheap Teknics somethings (tho fine for my daily commute), but my Oxtars whatevers have no buzz transmission at all. Both are street boots, but the difference between the two pais is amazing.

Rick, I'm fairly sensitive to the numbing effects of vibration and the pegs don't bother me.  Have you had your TBs balanced properly?  I'd be sure to check this first.  The benefits of getting it right go way beyond comfortable feet. :sun:

69134[/snapback]

Ive never balanced the tb,s but the bike has the ti pipes /ecu and runs/idles perfectly. there really isnt vibrations in the pegs that I can feel.

How bent are your legs?  Could you be cutting off circulation?  There's a big ol' vein that runs down the inside of your leg that could be pinching because your knees are so bent.  Do a search for the inferior vena cava or the common iliac vein. 

Can you feel much vibration through your hands?  That's usually where people feel it when the TB's are off.

Edit- or your feet could just be sensitive....

69139[/snapback]

Im familiar with the vessels in the legs( Im an RN) , I think you may be on to something here, I think my legs are just too fat,and the bending at the knees may be cutting off the blood flow behind the knee joint, I guess its time to cut out the beer! :bier::not:

I am a medical doctor.  It is my educated opinion that your four pack a day cigarette habit has effectively cut off the circulation to your dogs.

You should be as ashamed as I am proud! :D

69147[/snapback]

I dont smoke....errr....anything legal, that is! HeHeHe :D

This may sound like a Sierra Alpha reply, but have you considered trying different boots?

Seriously, I find the buzz intolerable for long distances in my cheap Teknics somethings (tho fine for my daily commute), but my Oxtars whatevers have no buzz transmission at all.  Both are street boots, but the difference between the two pais is amazing.

69149[/snapback]

I always ride in new balance tennis shoes. Have never been able to wear boots.

Maybe you should try pegs with rubbers pads on them. I know you can feel the buzz through the pegs after 100 miles or so. It doesnt bother me so much but I rarely go long distance.

69155[/snapback]

Does anyone know of any rubber padded pegs that fit our bikes?

Is it both feet equal? If you lift your foot off the peg does the sensation change? Do you have to straighten the leg to get a change? Has it been doiing this all along or more lately?

I guess its time to cut out the beer!  :bier:

69177[/snapback]

Hey, woah- slow down there. Don't do anything that drastic!

The advice about putting on rubber-topped footpegs sounds good. I thought Rich used Suzuki pegs, but you should send him an email to find out which model.