CNC V11S shifter

RacerX

Is there much interest in a CNC alum (super strong) shifter for the V11S? Those who have had even had a parking lot tip-over knows how soft the OEM shifter is. I will be finding out a price based on how many folks are interested.

Please e-mail me direct if you are; toddguzzitech.com

I would like shifter and brake pedals with a nice slim design in steel

so that they bend instead of break. You can bend steel back.

Make real rigid alu may stop the pedal arm from breaking but instead

might break whtever it is attached to.

just my :2c:

You could make the shift knob break off pretty easily by attaching it with a soft bolt. I made a shifter and brake lever set for my V11 because I put the set-back pegs on it. It works very nicely, but it's kind of ugly.

I'd like to see some made up, but I can't say I'd be a customer. All the stuff I've seen from Guzzitech (if that's how you were going to do it) is very nice. I'm still lusting over the spacer for the V750 Breva. That was a great idea.

Guest jedione68
Is there much interest in a CNC alum (super strong) shifter for the V11S? Those who have had even had a parking lot tip-over knows how soft the OEM shifter is. I will be finding out a price based on how many folks are interested.

Please e-mail me direct if you are; todd<at>guzzitech.com

69762[/snapback]

Since I've already broken and replaced mine once,

(And NO I didn't crash) you KNOW I take a set!!!

I would like to be able to adjust the shift/break knobs (Foe and aft).

Since where designing, and maybe even a few adjustment holes for

shifer angles.

All in all, what ever you make, I'll take, cause the stock ones break

very, very easily.

Peace,

Jedi

I too would be interested in a more durable SET of brake and shifter foot levers.

I know that a brake lever like this is already available, but the "mate" was never brought to production as far as I know. I think it was about $50, I forget. Joe told me that he planned to develop the pair, but I don't know if he ever go to it.

Here is the thread discussing it, made my Joe Kenny, unfortunately no photo:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...c=4066&hl=lever

Anyway, put me on the "list" as long as it is relatively affordable.

I have put the Buell pegs on my bike, so the levers need to have the ability to either:

1) Bolt on longer peg extensions(via longer M6 bolts and a heater hose rubber spacer, what I did with the OEM arms)

or

2) Some other method to adjust/lengthen(reliably) the pegs like in option#1 to extend/push them out by about 3/4 inch.

Just let me know, as this is one of the potential problem areas I worry about out on the road, where a simple tip-over could really ruin your day if the shifter or brake(less so) lever breaks off.

Al

Why have them matching? Why not have them completely different so that when people point it out, you sigh,point at the nice Guzzitech logo engraved thereon and say patiently "They're SUPPOSED to be like that" <_>

Leave them scratching their heads. :(

Why have them matching? Why not have them completely different so that when people point it out, you sigh,point at the nice Guzzitech logo engraved thereon and say patiently "They're SUPPOSED to be like that" <_>

Leave them scratching their heads. :(

69921[/snapback]

am I missing something? LMAO but I feel something went over my head. :huh2::lol:

Please e-mail me direct if you are; toddguzzitech.com

69762[/snapback]

I'll take a set, Todd. I think having some semi-soft break-away bolts somewhere in the scheme of things would be a good idea.

Making them position/length adjustable adds to the cost, but can be done.

Sample pics shown here; http://www.phpbbforfree.com/forums/guzzitech-about784.html

Price guess-timation as shown above would be $150+ per side/$300 set.

Again, please send me a direct e-mail if you want to be included. I don't always monitor this list.

ToddGuzziTech.com - replace with @ of course.