Crossover Advice

Greg Field

I remember hearing of the FBF for Guzzi cruisers breaking, but the V11Sport/LeMans/etc. I think has been reliable.

But many more people on the list have gone with Stucchi because it came out first and developed an excellent reputation for making power.

To me, I like the idea of an X rather than an H, for theoretically better breathing, but the dyno graphs indicate that they are comparable.

If they both the same price, I would go with Stucchi, but for the money I think it is a no brainer to go with the FBF.

The best dollar per HP deal that you will find is drilling the airbox lid.

The FBF crossover is in second place.

The Stucchi is in third place.

I don't know what fourth place would be.

Perhaps a used PCIII off eBay

Another advantage of the Stucchi is that there are more downloadable PCIII maps available for it.

What you probably need to hear is first hand experience with the FBF....

Mistral also makes a crossover.

Results with it have variable.

Doug Lofgren and others found that it makes great mid-range at the expense of high rpm power.

But, Admin Jaap got incredible results with the Mistral x-over or H-over :D

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3612

HelicopterJim has tried a couple of the crossovers, but I don't remember which ones.

Thanks, David.

To me, the FBF and Stucchi look identical. In the absence of any FBF crossover horror stories, I'll prob'ly go with it. Still deciding on mufflers.

I started tearing stuff off the bike last night. I think it's gonna be an easier fix than I at first thought. I don't have the keys for the H-B bags, though, so I can't get them off. Hopefully, I can get it from the PO on Tuesday.

I don't have the keys for the H-B bags, though, so I can't get them off. Hopefully, I can get it from the PO on Tuesday.

71097[/snapback]

Greg,

The H-B bags use a total of about 6 different keys.

Take home a handful from the shop, and figure out which one fits.

Ilco makes a perfect blank. L6S

To me, I like the idea of an X rather than an H,

71066[/snapback]

I have the FBF carbon cans and FBF X-over Stucchi and FBF are BOTH X-overs now FBF abandoned the H about year and a half ago. The maps I've downloaded for it are Stucchi maps but I still need to get a personal map made so its perfect. Also the dealer installed my pipes and had to 'Bodge' one of the brackets to make them fit correctly and one pipe sits a little higher than the other So apparently FBF really did COPY stucchi. :huh2: As far as Build quality the pipe is the same material if not a little heavier than what the Exhaust is already made out of. Sounds great Runs great its great. great great great. :whistle:

As far as Mufflers go I did sooooo mchh research and annoying questions asked and for the money+performace+sound I'd go with in order

If you want Ti

1)MG ti-kit

2)Leo Vince(no longer made)

3)Mistral

If you want CF

1)FBF*

2)Mistral

3)M4

If you want Super Shiny/polished go with the Staitunes or M4's

If you want to be unique *Trick* go with the Quat-D race (no need for x-over save $$$)

I didn't list Alum rankings the bike comes with Alum and most want something different but if you want alum Cheapest set into new pipes would be Mistral Alum Rounds high $300's ovals were 5something?

Anything else is good they just get to be so expensive I can't see them worth it without a deal found. :huh2:

*Only # 1 for the price ratio I've seen a little nicer looking CF or a little better build quality but really its so hard to tell unless you have better ones right next to them.

:luigi:

As far as Mufflers go I did sooooo mchh research and annoying questions asked and for the money+performace+sound I'd go with in order

If you want Ti                         

1)MG ti-kit                                             

2)Leo Vince(no longer made)     

3)Mistral                                   

If you want CF

1)FBF* 

2)Mistral

3)M4

If you want Super Shiny/polished go with the Staitunes or M4's

If you want to be unique *Trick* go with the Quat-D race (no need for x-over save $$$)

I didn't list Alum rankings the bike comes with Alum and most want something different but if you want alum Cheapest set into new pipes would be Mistral Alum Rounds high $300's  ovals were 5something?

Anything else is good they just get to be so expensive I can't see them worth it without a deal found.  :huh2:

*Only # 1 for the price ratio I've seen a little nicer looking CF or a little better build quality but really its so hard to tell unless you have better ones  right next to them.

71138[/snapback]

just to add that i run a pair of RENEGADE carbon mufflers here in UK on my rosso mandello,they fitted well and sound luverly too,bike making around 100brake now so I well happy! see their website for pics..

:luigi:

just to add that i run a pair of RENEGADE carbon mufflers here in UK on my rosso mandello,they fitted well and sound luverly too,bike making around 100brake now so I well happy! see their website for pics..

71232[/snapback]

100 Bhp sounds great- please print your dyno graph so we can all have a look!