v11 sport on ebay

Guest citimoto

Guest citimoto

Im bidding on a 2003 bike on ebay. Should I be concerned about engine paint on this year model? Also, what do you guys think it should sell for?im looking for a project bike and this one would give me a nice start. Anything else you guys can think of?

chris

Chris, the engine paint on this could become an issue. I have done 5500 miles on mine and it is beginning to get ugly. If you got it for close to 6k you should be doing alright. The goodies already fitted would save you about 1500 bucks. Best of luck.

Rob

Guest citimoto

damn,

I was just in Houston I should have stopped by as I really like the look of the red framed bikes. Are moto guzzi still honoring paint issues? I plan on using it as a commuter here in NC once it warms up a bit so I could put some miles on quickly. Any remote idea what it would cost to ship from Texas to NC? I definitely want a sport but my warden has put a 5k (ish) limit on "my lark". Id like to get into something with at least upgraded cans for this. Also, what years did Guzzi make the watered down green (lemonade?) colored bike. there is a wrecked one here in Charlotte at the Guzzi shop that I might make an offer on. Sorry to go on but this will be my first Guzzi and you guys are a tremendous resource. One way or another Ill have one soon.

MPH has this one & its got all that stuff Maund seat , coated pipes, carbon cans, stooky x over & whole lot of other stuff. Plus it's pre Aprilia :thumbsup:  Just my  :2c:

http://www.mphcycles.com/Used%20Bikes/Used%20Bikes.htm

Oh, BTW  I really like this bike :mg:

71078[/snapback]

And for europeans it would be quite cheap also! I'd grab it and sell mine. I paid 5200,- Euros for my green 99/2000 with 45000 km on its back.

Hubert

MPH has this one & its got all that stuff Maund seat , coated pipes, carbon cans, stooky x over & whole lot of other stuff. Plus it's pre Aprilia :thumbsup:  Just my  :2c:

http://www.mphcycles.com/Used%20Bikes/Used%20Bikes.htm

Oh, BTW  I really like this bike :mg:

71078[/snapback]

That is a nicely set up bike.

The owner must have put over $3000 into it.

I guess MPH has trouble moving it because of the miles on it, but for those who know better, a deal awaits :D

Someone needs to rescue that V11 and give it a home. The price is certainly right. Check to see if it has the tranny MG warranty work done on it - can someone please put a reminder post below as to what that was for this model?

That recall is important for that model: in general, replacement of the sliding dogs and portions of the internal cush drive.

I would think it pricey to takethat repair on without the warranty.

But $4895? Wow! TX, you're overdue for another Sport. Work a trade for the Solex!

... Id like to get into something with at least upgraded cans for this...

71083[/snapback]

Never mind that! The used bike at MPH has the suspension sorted! Buy it dammit! There is set of characterized Titanium LeoVince mufflers in the classified section for $375!!! What are you waiting for!

Never mind that!  The used bike at MPH has the suspension sorted!  Buy it dammit!  There is set of characterized Titanium LeoVince mufflers in the classified section for $375!!!  What are you waiting for!

71118[/snapback]

I'd have bought them right up if it was about 6 mo ago.... I wish.... but I'm not changing out my pipes AGAIN what would I do with my FBF carbons? Also that bike is a steal tho I don't want bags and I think the stucci fairing is ugly. :vomit: Still I paid $6,900 for mine with 3,800mi 2 years ago now and for 2 years of its 3 year life b4 that was in the garage at motoprimo... ahhhh what a steal :wub: and btw how do I know if I need to or that any tranny work has been done? a recall should be a freebie I just need to find out if I'm aplicable. :huh2:

Now that I think about it BUY the MPH bike sell the bags $400-500 sell the Screen $100-150 then With the sweet ass suspension and low miles (considering) also WITH the Rich maund seat lemme tell you ... :wub: its marvelous. Youre talkin your taxes fees and registration will be paid for with the $500 knocked off the price from sellin the stuff and you get the glorious RED framed model. Its so choice. :rasta:

Guest citimoto

ok you bastards you talked me into it. Im going to call MPH in the morning and see if we can work out a deal. I shouldnt be concerned about the miles right, right? Red framed bikes where my first choice anyway. I could do without the fairing and the bags so you guys might be on to something (anyone on here want them?). It would be nice if that would cover my shipping cost to NC. How much should I offer? I dont want to be the guy that low balls everything but I want to get a good deal. I dont need to worry about the miles right? I rode the short bus when it comes to sorting things that are completely out of wack. Thanks for all the input, now I have only you to blame. wish me luck (this would be my first guzzi miles are ok right?)

Chris

Well they did a test on a Dyno for one of the engines I Think Al or Jaap know which one Might have been for the new breva motor(but its very similar) Correct me if I'm wrong here but it went 60,000 miles at almost full throttle b4 it failed which they estimate for normal riding to be around 200,000mi. Coupled with the Fact that they are very easy to work on and replace compared to new bikes so you could buy a few spares and effectivly have the bike the rest of your natural life

I talked to many ppl on here there everywhere b4 I purchased mine. Relays aside the biggest complaint I found was the Exhaust not holding up after or well after 50,000mi more as in a cracked header or rusted crossover So a few minor niggles aside (that this bike probably has sorted out considering the upgrades) you should have No problems for a long....long time. THAT IS unless you fancy riding around the globe 3 times on it. Then you might need a few sets of tires a new clutch afterward and lots of saddle sav but thats over 100k right there. :huh2: c'mon I dare you Guzzi's name would be so huge. :lol:

Are the headers coated on that bike? Looks like it from the picture.

Chris, you can talk to Mike or Todd Haven and ask what they'll take and if it needs anything. They're good folk and WILL treat you right. Do ask about transmision- it's certainly done, but it will put your mind at ease on that.

The rear shock alone costs close to a grand, the front would be about 2-400 bucks. At 30,000 miles, I bet most of the niggling issues have already been sorted out. What you should do is buy it and drive it home. Pack your extra underwear in the techno bags. Your mouth will be sore from grinnin' all the way home. :2c:

And stay away from Joe Camarda's shock. The guy is evil, and he's probably infused those mufflers with a curse or something. :ninja: