Track Days... Moto Guzzi's

Guest jedione68

I'd be up for thrashing the V11 around a track in 2006 (in the north/west of the UK), that way Guy can say he's beaten me on a drag strip and a track :P ...from Guy's track day knowledge Angelsey sounds like the best for location and type of circuit.

The only circuit I've been on was Knockhill, fabulous time.

I'm not sure why some people slag off track days, I agree its not for everyone but no one is forcing them to go on them and its a case of don't knock it until you've tried it and as some others here have mentioned, where else can you explore the full potential (or lack of :grin: ) of your Guzzi.

Mal :helmet:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am up for any Northern / Midlands / Scottish / Welsh track days this year provided they don't clash with my holiday or rallies.

My favourite circuit is Angelsey- very Guzzi friendly as it only has a short straight. I love Cadwell and Knockhill too.

Don't fancy Donnington (noise restrictions) or Brands (too far for me) but anywhere else I'm game for.

Did you have a specific date in mind, Nogbad?

Guy  :helmet:

71587[/snapback]

I was going to book with Hopp again as it was very well organised and not frequented by headbangers. They haven't published their 2006 dates yet, but the Cadwell days start in May and I was intending to book one around then. I'll e-mail them and ask to be sent the timetable as soon as it is available.

I was going to book with Hopp again as it was very well organised and not frequented by headbangers. They haven't published their 2006 dates yet, but the Cadwell days start in May and I was intending to book one around then. I'll e-mail them and ask to be sent the timetable as soon as it is available.

71591[/snapback]

Cheers- I can make it mid May- Scottish Rally is the first weekend then Welsh camping weekend last weekend.

Guy :helmet:

that way Guy can say he's beaten me on a drag strip and a track

Mal  :helmet:

71590[/snapback]

Don't forget that my power to weight ratio is less than yours courtesy of my healthy lifestyle!

I am off to the USA for 3 weeks in July and Helen would kill me if I broke my leg so I will be taking it easy methinks- may even take the Harley for the crack or I may cheat and take the R6.

...My favourite circuit is Angelsey- very Guzzi friendly....

:thumbsup: it's a great track - really well designed with variety & elevation.....& a short straight. I'm aiming to get there again this year.

I don't see how gaining a knowledge of how the bike behaves/responds at extremes can be a bad thing. I've seen people fall off on the road simply cos they were unaware how much more the bike could give them.

But knowledge is one thing - how you use it is another. Trouble is - riding on the track makes the road seem slow....

KB :sun:

:thumbsup: it's a great track - really well designed with variety & elevation.....& a short straight. I'm aiming to get there again this year.

KB :sun:

71661[/snapback]

The main track day organiser for Angelsey was Track Time Promotions- unfortunately they have just ceased trading because some idiot who crashed on a track day is suing them. Hopefully another organiser will run some days there next year.

:2c: have a go if ya get a chance,try it. once you get a try on a track you can then have an opinion on the difference between track riding and road riding, [and there is a big difference] and you can only gain from the experience in my opinion. [and track is fun] :race:

41 veiws and not even a single "I cant make it cause..."

Some crew,

Jedi

71413[/snapback]

I see this thread got hijacked by those durned' furriners'. What's with those dudes - daily life doesn't present enough challenges? Gotta' go scare themselves witless every chance they get?

That said, if you simply MUST put it on the track - and you know who you are - you should look into WSMC track days. Once a month, same weekend as the race weekend. A lot of track time with the kind of professional organization and support available to the racers that same weekend.

Now as to WHY anyone would engage in such nonsense ... I'm simply at a loss. Street skills? Braking, turning, accelerating, reacting - who needs dat chit on da' street? Gimme' a break.

At any rate, here's the web site if you insist upon engaging in such pointless frivolity:

http://www.willowspringsraceway.com/clubs/...rtRiderInfo.htm

Be careful, though - next thing you'll find yourself entering a race or two. Before ya' know it you'll be sounding and riding just like them furrin' biker blokes.

Sigh.

Where will it end?

:)

Did you get your bike working yet?

We want to see that commie red sporti on road again!

71752[/snapback]

Sigh. Still waiting for Mike Rich to send me the "flowed" heads. Been waiting awhile now.

Maybe January.

Meantime switching my Aprilia from Street to Track trim once a month. Pain in the ass.

Merry Christmas to you, David. Nice crowd you've found to hang with over here.

Pierre

Nice crowd you've found to hang with over here.

Pierre

71756[/snapback]

Yah, they are intelligent, witty, and so civil that they don't call me a Polly Anna to my face.

And for some reason it is a little less American-O-centric.

The ones who worship the Queen and or Monty Python, are hilarious!

I keep telling all the puffin-hawks(no chicken-hawks over here) to take their angst about democracy threatening Americas dominance in the world, over to the MGNOC-SW forum, but nobody bites the bait.

T&A is much better here, because aside from TX Redneck's willy being censored, they let us show photographs over here!

The MGNOC-SW boys don't know what they are missing.