Cylinder Sliders

BrianG

I just saw the new GRISO 1100 ad in Cycle world. THis is the ad with the black bike / black background / bare foot fellow hugging the tank/cylinders.

Griso__2_.jpg

Anyway, I NEED a set of cylinder sliders like that!! Are they available after-market?

I just saw the new GRISO 1100 ad in Cycle world.  THis is the ad with the black bike / black background / bare foot fellow hugging the tank/cylinders.

Anyway, I NEED a set of cylinder sliders like that!!  Are they available after-market?

Any pics to get the idea?

Assuming you are not being facetious, those are just thin plastic plug covers because God forbid that anyone should see a nekkid spark plug. Might give them ideas. Especially at the jaunty angle they sit at on Guzzis.

Anyway, no sliding ability there.

mike

I just saw the new GRISO 1100 ad in Cycle world.  THis is the ad with the black bike / black background / bare foot fellow hugging the tank/cylinders.

Griso__2_.jpg

Anyway, I NEED a set of cylinder sliders like that!!  Are they available after-market?

Why should they be aftermarket, If they're sold with the bike from the factory normaly they should be available as spare parts , try Agostini if they have it (they are as close to the Guzzi factory as it gets) :D

Hehe I don;t quite undersatand these advertisments, perhaps this is the thing you can do with the bike most??? :P:D

Assuming you are not being facetious, those are just thin plastic plug covers because God forbid that anyone should see a nekkid spark plug.  Might give them ideas.  Especially at the jaunty angle they sit at on Guzzis.

Anyway, no sliding ability there.

mike

71419[/snapback]

Oh CRAP!!!

And here I thought someone had actually come up with an intelligent slider design! :homer: I guess I'll have to asssume the development responsibilities for that kind of slider.

Does it appeal to anyone beside me, if I do?? :huh2:

Oh CRAP!!!

And here I thought someone had actually come up with an intelligent slider design!  :homer:  I guess I'll have to asssume the development responsibilities for that kind of slider. 

Does it appeal to anyone beside me, if I do?? :huh2:

71507[/snapback]

Just what sort of tyres are you using, that you would _need_ something like that?

m

Just what sort of tyres are you using, that you would _need_ something like that?

m

71570[/snapback]

I assumed he thought he might lowside his Griso.........

I'm running Michelin Pilot Road tires as they were newly installed on the 2000 V-11 Sport when I got it last year. I will be switching to Pirelli Diablo's for next season.

I would like something more substantial in terms of cylinder protection in case of stationary tip-over or low-speed low-side fall.

I have no illusions about the value of "frame sliders" in the context of substantial speed.

Hi,

For an alternative slider design please take a look here :

http://www.kolumbus.fi/koivupiha/hw2005/sideview.JPG

http://www.kolumbus.fi/koivupiha/hw2005/behind.JPG

Those were made for my Corsa by a friend of mine. The aluminium part is 10 mm thick and the plastic was black Delrin or something similar.

I ain´t riding a Guzzi anymore but peaked in here and thought that you might be interested to see those sliders.

Happy Christmas everyone !

br, JuhaV

Hi,

For an alternative slider design please take a look here :

http://www.kolumbus.fi/koivupiha/hw2005/sideview.JPG

http://www.kolumbus.fi/koivupiha/hw2005/behind.JPG

Those were made for my Corsa by a friend of mine. The aluminium part is 10 mm thick and the plastic was black Delrin or something similar.

I ain´t riding a Guzzi anymore but peaked in here and thought that you might be interested to see those sliders.

Happy Christmas everyone !

br, JuhaV

71614[/snapback]

Are they available for purchase?

Are they available for purchase?

71618[/snapback]

Sorry but nope, they are now on another Guzzi. I sold the Corsa with the original crash protectors. Only one set of those special sliders were manufactured.

The new Corsa owner would have needed them thought, because he crashed that bike on a race track after owning it only less than two weeks :(

br. JuhaV

Sorry but nope, they are now on another Guzzi. I sold the Corsa with the original crash protectors. Only one set of those special sliders were manufactured.

br. JuhaV

That back seat cover is interesting, any idea where can one find something like it?

I remember I have seen once but can't find anymore.

Nice K&N velocity stacks there , any part num. How did they worked.

Did you make any Dyno measurements for the bike after head porting and the whole set up was finished?

Which O2 sensor have you used?

Why did you sold it?I mean there seems to be so much studied work taken on this project. anyways.

Cheers :bier: and happy Christmas time :xmas:

These would be "cylinder sliders"... JB had these on his bike at Laguna

Yep these ones seems most effevtive, any idea where to find these or a clue on the construction of the upper part that the round slider fits??