North Carolina Roll-Call

OK, although perhaps a bit premature given we are still in the dead of Winter(although with admittedly very mild weather so far :bike: ) .... I've just recently moved to North Carolina from the SF Bay area of CA and was wondering who else in is my vicinity.

So, I know we've got two folks in the Charlotte, NC area(davindav, and citimoto) and I am in the Raleigh(Cary) area... but thought I'd start a "roll call" of others in the vicinity, in the hopes that in the next months we can all work at getting together for rides, etc.

Me? .... I live in Cary, NC, zip 27513 We'll probably be building a house this Spring/Summer and move out of Cary "proper" but remain in the general Raleigh area.

:D

Well first you're on the wrong side of the state for riding, but that's OK just jump on I-40 and head weat young man. Glad to hear you made it to the right coast, lots of good roads in this area to use that Guzzi on. Like I said go west, into the Blue Ridge hang a right or left and enjoy. I live in Roanoke, Virginia when the leaf watchers get too plentiful I head west into West Virginia there is a whole different set of mountains over there the Allegheny's, they are really nice. Come on up to the Virginia Rally this year.

Dean Rose

Roanoke, Virginia

2002 EV

A Moto Guzzi can't sing on the streets of a city.

Well, I'll be the first of the Atlanta contingent to chime in, Hagen & V50 are probably still out riding, as it's in the low 60's here..... :race:

Only 4-5 hours to Cary from here.

(Yeah, I just had to be a @#$$#! & state that for those that are snowbound....yet another reason why we got the heck out of the Northeast & live here now) :xmas:

Phil

Atlanta GA

'02 Le Mans

Well hey, that's a good response so far considering the time of year(holidays) :thumbsup:

At this rate, we'll have a pretty big Carolinas/Georgia/Virginia V11 Sport/Lemans contingent :bike:

I generally don't do the rally thing per se, but we'll see. It seems like a lot of the MG bunch in this area is more attached the MGNOC, so maybe I'll have to break down and actually join to get the newsletter :rolleyes:

Anyway, in the next months, we'll definitely have to see if we can corral some of the local/regional MG folks for a ride, etc.

If possible, it would really be nice to get the V11 folks together for a lunch/ride sometime.

...hope everyone had a safe and exciting New Years celebration :bier:

al

Well, I'll be the first of the Atlanta contingent to chime in, Hagen & V50 are probably still out riding, as it's in the low 60's here..... :race:

Phil

Atlanta GA

'02 Le Mans

72759[/snapback]

Well, Phil, I wish I'd been riding, but was visiting in- and out-laws in n. Virginia.

Did commute in this a.m. on the EV (50F on launch, warming to upper 60's; yee ha! :D , and was able to spend yesterday in the GarageMahalo getting reacquainted with my Guzzis. And, while away, looked at (but did not buy) a Nuovo Falcone (a story I'll recount with pics on w/g sometime soon).

Also spent a day and night with Joe Martin, an EV owner newly settled in NW N.C., north of Jefferson and just over the Va. line south of Mouth of Wilson. Gorgeous country.

I mention that last, Al, cuz Joe is planning a gaggle for the second weekend in October, 13-15. Hope you can make it.

In the meantime, if you get to Atlanta, mounted, flying, or caged, let us know, and we'll give you a Guzzi tour. If sans yours, you are always welcome to borrow my Ballabio or EV if you are near.

Bill

If sans yours, you are always welcome to borrow my

EV if you are able to put it back together for me.

Bill

Damn. He's on to me. :P

In my early years, I sought out wenches; now, it's wrenches. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest citimoto

Hey Al i finally received the Sport and have been dodging showers trying to get rides in (cold today). As things warm up give me a yell down here in Charlotte my schedule is pretty flexible and would love to head over to the mountains. Im not into rallys per se but it would be nice to set some get togethers up with the local contingent, even if its just the three of us. Not that it matters but i think that you and I are probably some of the younger guys on the board (I'm 36) and it would be refreshing to hang out with people our age not into the latest thing Rossi rides or the heaviest and shiniest Harley made.

I generally don't do the rally thing per se, but we'll see.

Coming from NYC I have a strong dislike for crowds and organized activities.  That's why I like Guzzi rallys, there is little chance of encountering either one.

It seems like a lot of the MG bunch in this area is more attached the MGNOC, so maybe I'll have to break down and actually join to get the newsletter  :rolleyes:

Don't bother.  The individuals that organize rallys do so with their own time, money and energy.  Support them with yours.

DW

72972[/snapback]

oilchange2.jpg

P.S. Check out the "Chicken Strip" on my bike at its first oil change. A trip to the Blue Ridge Rally reduced it to a more socially acceptable width.

DW

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Al,

I live in north Raleigh and I do several trips to the mountains :race: (Deals Gap)( www.killboy.com) every year. Theres a great place outside of Chapel Hill called Michaels resteraunt. Every Sunday (summer) around 9 ish lots of motorcyclist meet eat brunch and take off for a afternoon ride. Let me know anytime if you want to meet and ride. :bier:

Cheers,

JJ

OK, although perhaps a bit premature given we are still in the dead of Winter(although with admittedly very mild weather so far  :bike:  ) .... I've just recently moved to North Carolina from the SF Bay area of CA and was wondering who else in is my vicinity...

Me?  .... I live in Cary, NC, zip 27513  We'll probably be building a house this Spring/Summer and move out of Cary "proper" but remain in the general Raleigh area.

:D

72706[/snapback]

Al,

Welcome to the East coast. :bier: I'm in Maryland, 20910, not the vicinity, about 5 hours away, but... Between dropping-off, visiting, and picking-up my daughter at UNC and golf trips, I spend some time in NC. I happened into a restaurant near Chappel Hill, (Michaels or Mitchels??, help somebody), seems thats a gathering place for riders. I haven't been yet, but I am looking forward to giving it a try. If you haven't been told already, the western part of the state is beautiful, as is that SW corner of VA.

Cheers! :bike: