North Carolina Roll-Call

OK, although perhaps a bit premature given we are still in the dead of Winter(although with admittedly very mild weather so far  :bike:  ) .... I've just recently moved to North Carolina from the SF Bay area of CA and was wondering who else in is my vicinity.

So, I know we've got two folks in the Charlotte, NC area(davindav, and citimoto) and I am in the Raleigh(Cary) area... but thought I'd start a "roll call" of others in the vicinity,  in the hopes that in the next months we can all work at getting together for rides, etc.

Me?  .... I live in Cary, NC, zip 27513  We'll probably be building a house this Spring/Summer and move out of Cary "proper" but remain in the general Raleigh area.

:D

72706[/snapback]

Hi Al..My name is Joe Klingman from Hopewell, VA..Took a tour last week to Maggie Valley, NC(Wheels Thru Time museum) and Birmingham, AL(Barber Motorsports museum)on back roads on my V11 Sport. Came back up I-85 thru Charlotte, etc. I'm about 2 or 3 hours from you. Always up for a road trip if schedule permits.

A Guzzi-owner-wannabe here, about 30 minutes west of Charlotte.

I ride a BMW GS-Adv, which is a great bike, but doesn't stimulate the nether regions quite like an Italian V-twin.

I know a fair number of good roads in the NC mountains, and a few in VA, and enjoy riding in small groups. If you guys don't mind a chunk of German metal tagging along, I would like to hook up with you on any rides you might organize.

Hopefully, I will be a Guzzi owner soon.

See my thread in the Member Introduction forum.

Y'all be cool. B)

Guest citimoto

Hey Stobie,

I have a Guzzi and am in the process of adding either a KTM 950 or 640. Im in Charlotte but aslo have a place in the Boone, Blowing Rock area. Lets go ride. I can either embarrass myself on fire roads or asphalt im not picky.

Hey Stobie,

I have a Guzzi and am in the process of adding either a KTM 950 or 640. Im in Charlotte but aslo have a place in the Boone, Blowing Rock area. Lets go ride. I can either embarrass myself on fire roads or asphalt im not picky.

87609[/snapback]

I just sold my 640 Adv in January. Probably one of the dumbest things I have done yet. I should have kept it, and replaced the GS with a Guzzi, but I couldn't bring myself to sell the GS. Replaced the 640 with a second set of wheels for the GS w/knobbies.

Let's definitely get together and ride. I may get to ride a little today, and a little tomorrow, but short stuff only. I may go to Union Cycle this afternoon and look around.

• 4 weeks later...

So, you think any of you NC types can make it over the mountains for the South'n Spine Raid in Sweetwater Tn, 21-23?

So, you think any of you NC types can make it over the mountains for the South'n Spine Raid in Sweetwater Tn, 21-23?

90116[/snapback]

Whoa, don't you think you should disclose that there is a vetting process for applicants? That, and surely even the approved candidates have to endure the initiation rites you made me undergo? :drink:

• 4 months later...

Members east of the mountains are apparently all quiet and reserved while those of us west are rather intense in our road manners. Avatars speak for themselves and , I wonder, if you should have moved further to the dark side. ( No Scura intended.)

Look for the 'South'n Spine Raid' next early summer. So far , North Carolinians have avoided the event. Something about outstanding warrants, perhaps?

Members east of the mountains are apparently all quiet and reserved while those of us west are rather intense in our road manners. Avatars speak for themselves and , I wonder, if you should have moved further to the dark side. ( No Scura intended.)

Look for the 'South'n Spine Raid' next early summer. So far , North Carolinians have avoided the event. Something about outstanding warrants, perhaps?

Oh the envy I have for you westerners.... especially your availability to see Rock City (and it's numerious barns & billboard advertisements.)

My avatar model is family and I took the photo... but as I'm east of the mountians, it's not my sister... it's my wife! Ha. :D