How many bikes?

Admin Jaap

How many bikes do you own besides your V11?  

287 members have voted

1. 1. How many bikes do you own besides your V11?

• none
    • more than 5

Guest tiger956
:food::mg: 2001 Aprilia Falco on the Aprilia web site...145 HP at rear wheel!! 2002 V11 LeMans - Champange, 2002 V11 LeMans Red - Everything Known to Man Added :), 2004 Aprilia Mille R for fun, 2005 Harley Sportster 1200 R, 1995 Triumph Adventure, 1998 Ducati 900 SS to be different, and a BMW here and there for the Long Distance Mode,,,Candy Apple Red Moto Guzzi by far my favorite motorcyle :mg: Gary

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest parkscop

2002 Moto Guzzi LeMans (Champagne, remus Ti pipes and PC III)

2002 Aprilia Futura (ash gray w/ Staintune pipes)

2004 Ducati Monster 620ie (red w/black farme and wheels)

1994 KTM LC4 400 (ugly)

Current Project: Rebuilding my crashed 2001 Aprilia Capo Nord

-Sean

Since this poll started, I have acquired a second bike but can't reallocate my vote!

79230[/snapback]

Thats why I'm waiting until I get a second b4 I vote. Although I could lie and just vote for how many I want to have but 52 isn't an option and more than 5 just doesn't cut the mustard. :huh2:

Thats why I'm waiting until I get a second b4 I vote. Although I could lie and just vote for how many I want to have but 52 isn't an option and more than 5 just doesn't cut the mustard.  :huh2:

79971[/snapback]

I'm getting deja vu again, but never mind! Ben, you need:

- a trail bike, not Japanese: that's too easy!

- an old bike, preferably British [to know how bad and how wonderful it used to be]

- a Tonti [because they're brilliant]

- a cafe racer, preferably British, or a bevel drive Ducati [because they're there and everyone should suffer at least once]

- a tourer or cruiser [if you must] which could also be your Tonti if you're going to be cheap. You don't want to be cheap.

- a V11 Sport, LeMans, strange dark thing, weird green thing, with or without funny, expensive, gold bits

I make that six. You don't really need a rice-burner in any of these categories, unless you have no trail bike and need something to get shitty and rusty in the winter, IMHO.

It's a disease! There is no known cure.

I'm getting deja vu again, but never mind! Ben, you need:

- a trail bike, not Japanese: that's too easy!

- an old bike, preferably British [to know how bad and how wonderful it used to be]

- a Tonti [because they're brilliant]

- a cafe racer, preferably British, or a bevel drive Ducati [because they're there and everyone should suffer at least once]

- a tourer or cruiser [if you  must] which could also be your Tonti if you're going to be cheap. You don't want to be cheap.

- a V11 Sport, LeMans, strange dark thing, weird green thing, with or without funny, expensive, gold bits

I make that six. You don't really need a rice-burner in any of these categories, unless you have no trail bike and need something to get shitty and rusty in the winter, IMHO.

It's a disease! There is no known cure.

80079[/snapback]

Well I can tell you what I want

I want a SuperDuke/Tuono/Brutale style bike each is equal to me without a ride

I'd like a SuperSport the 999/MV SPR/RS-V/benelli tornado/Daytona Centennial are all acceptable

I almost Need a Touring bike that comes down to Harley Street bob/1200GS/Victory jackpot

I'd like to have a dirt bike again a Suzuki 250 ought to fit the bill but honda KTM or Husky would be equally nice

I need a cafe racer preferebly a V7sport or a Norton Commando

I'd like having a trail bike such as the Yamaha scooter camo looking thing.

And I have and should keep for a looooung time the V11 sport I love that thing. :wub:

my wife totally surprised me on Friday. we were sitting on a cafe, reading (me: bike mags, she: interior design) and having a drink, then suddenly she said the magic words "it would be fun to have a kind of supersportsbike in the garage as well, like one of those Duke 916s or a Laverda Formula 750 or sumpin... we could share it"

what can I say...

my wife totally surprised me on Friday. we were sitting on a cafe, reading (me: bike mags, she: interior design) and having a drink, then suddenly she said the magic words "it would be fun to have a kind of supersportsbike in the garage as well, like one of those Duke 916s or a Laverda Formula 750 or sumpin... we could share it"

what can I say...

81071[/snapback]

Well, you could give the response that clearly was prompted, anticipated – and required, i.e.

"Yes dear, it would be sorta fun, but if we've got money to spare, it really would be great to wallpaper the hallway and get half-a-dozen of those fluffy organic beanbags and we should have one of those fancy Norge fridges, in pink... we could share it"

Just do it.

what can I say...

81071[/snapback]

Does your wife have a sister? :D You're the envy of the "neighborhood" lol

well; start giving me advice: what kind of a sportsbike is fun, structurally sound, easy to run and can be ridden by both me and my wife on medium long trips, giving both of us a nice high on different levels.

alternatives so far:

Ducce 748 Biposto or bigger (916/996...)

Laverda 750 Formula

other suggestions?? experiences? preferably twins, and absolutely no Suzukis. mind you; I have very little experience with supersports.

Guest Nogbad
well; start giving me advice: what kind of a sportsbike is fun, structurally sound, easy to run and can be ridden by both me and my wife on medium long trips, giving both of us a nice high on different levels.

alternatives so far:

Ducce 748 Biposto or bigger (916/996...)

Laverda 750 Formula

other suggestions?? experiences? preferably twins, and absolutely no Suzukis. mind you; I have very little experience with supersports.

81082[/snapback]

Try a Buell Firebolt. I fell for one after about 10 minutes on there. Put the Harley connection out of your mind. It's MAAAAAAD