Breva 11 vs Harley Street Glide

Guest Nogbad

No offense taken mate! I get a bit of ribbing from my Guzzi riding mates from the local club for owning a HD as well as a Guzzi and quite enjoy the banter.

Guy  :)

73834[/snapback]

yep, I enjoy the banter too. A friend of mine is building some cool sportbikes with the aftermarket big twin Evo engines. (100+ ft/lbs. of torque in a sportbike chassis - :bier: )

When Guzzi comes up in conversation, I'll make a comment about how Guzzi's engine is not "sideways", all the other engines are mounted sideways.

His website is in the beginning stages, but check it out....

http://bigtwinracers.com/photos.php

The bottom right photo gets enlarged so you can see more detail.

Not that this guy has the "attitude" problem - he is a true enthusiast & has experienced first-hand the attitude when some H-D riders saw one of his customs

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep, I enjoy the banter too.  A friend of mine is building some cool sportbikes with the aftermarket big twin Evo engines. (100+ ft/lbs. of torque in a sportbike chassis -  :bier:

When Guzzi comes up in conversation, I'll make a comment about how Guzzi's engine is not "sideways", all the other engines are mounted sideways.

His website is in the beginning stages, but check it out....

http://bigtwinracers.com/photos.php

Not that this guy has the "attitude" problem - he is a true enthusiast & has experienced first-hand the attitude when some H-D riders saw one of his customs

73840[/snapback]

I wish my Guzzi was as cost effective to tune as the Twincam motor in my HD. I have spent about £1000 on my V11 and although it is crisp and runs well, it only probably makes about 4bhp more than stock.

If I spent less than £1000 on a 1550 kit plus cams for the HD I would get about 110 rwbhp and as you say over 100ft lbs of torque.

I guess the Guzzi motor is closer to its limits than the HD motor- I know someone who got a genuine 100rwbhp out of his 1100 sport and he paid about £4000 to Raceco for the priviledge!

Guy :helmet:

I'm not sure if he is using the engines built with parts machined out of billet or not. I also don't know enough about the billet parts process to say if it helps with tolerances and long-term reliability.

My guess is that an engine made with parts machined out of billet would be stronger. The physical dimensions of these aftermarket engines are identical to the stock H-D motors.* Yet, they are pumped out to 107 cubic inches, 125 (2000+ cc), etc.

*some of the insane engines built out to 145 c.i. are taller than stock, but most of the aftermarket engines are stock height and width.

Would this engine building process apply to the Guzzi engine? I would be more than happy with a 1500cc Guzzi motor.

Would this engine building process apply to the Guzzi engine?  I would be more than happy with a 1500cc Guzzi motor.

Here ia a Big bore 1MGS 1 converted to 2valve heads and more than 1400cc the official page is Here

Guzzi engine is different on mods than a HD I guess.

Dynotec Is also a company that is familiar with extreme Guzzi tunning. Once I rode a V11 of them with no special modifications(i.e.big bore) except twin spark ,exaust system ,and mapping they claimed it was producing a 100WHP

Vintage Gear,

nice road sign ! I live in WA & saw that you are in OR. Is that picture from OR ?

I've been reading about roads in OR & planning a trip someday (53, Forest Road 19, hwy 30). Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks