Breva 11 vs Harley Street Glide

Guest Nogbad

Guest Nogbad

Conclusions:

Harley - An old charmer that won't let you down, even at the £14,495 asking price.

Breva - Walk away, even at half the price of the Harley.

Certainly surprised me, I'm inclined to go ride one for myself and see if it is as bland and as characterless as they say.

I will try to scan and post the text.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

breva_vs_HD.gif

73551[/snapback]

Ouch! Talk about d@mning with faint praise! Wasn't it Shakespeare who said "comparisons are odious?" Too bad they didn't start with comparing two equivalent rides: the Tour Glide vs. a California, or a Dyna against the Breva. Choosing a cruiser "because its a cruiser, & you don't expect them to get out of their own way" vs. a bike that's better in every respect except that it's rather bland [targeting the BMW market] isn't really "fair." No dyno specs, no ETs over a set course, no nothin'. Whatever.

I do kind of wonder about his complaint about the Breva having a hinge in the middle when leaned over; leads me to suspect that someone @ Piaggio didn't check the tire pressures on the test bike between taking it back from one bike rag & sending it out to MCN. He claims to be a Guzzi fan, but panning a bike just because you don't like the looks? Fine: say it's got looks that only a mother could love, but be honest about the capabilities.

Makes ya wonder...

:wacko:

We know the writer is a total nitwit who hasn't got his facts straight:

73560[/snapback]

I don't know. I like the way he slags the Harley and then calls the flaws the good points and then says all the good parts about the Guzzi is and then points out that these are its drawbacks.

Dohhhhh! I guess that makes him a total nitwit who hasn't got his facts straight!!

Guest Nogbad

Sorry it was hard to read, but the boards wouldn't let me post the clearer TIF file only a JPG or GIF and the JPG was too big.

I didn't see the point of the comparison really. A bit like comparing ripe stilton with custard and then bemoaning the fact that the custard didn't taste cheesy enough.

Sorry it was hard to read, but the boards wouldn't let me post the clearer TIF file only a JPG or GIF and the JPG was too big.

I didn't see the point of the comparison really. A bit like comparing ripe stilton with custard and then bemoaning the fact that the custard didn't taste cheesy enough.

73571[/snapback]

Nogbad get this program

http://www.irfanview.com/

It works great for changing the size, filetype ect of almost any pic. Very easy to use I use it constantly. best part- Its free.

As long as twits like these are allowed to write bike artikles like that there will be a certain amount of people at least wasting the time reading them.

73578[/snapback]

Anyone can write an article. Just have to remember that. AND everything outside of bare number facts(even they can be skewed) are opinions, If they're twits don't buy the mag or read into thier crap. Its why I don't get the american 'Stuff' that magazine is garbage with pretty pictures. The english 'Stuff' is awesome with all tis gadgets and pretty pictures. :food:

Like something I realized recently enough but somewhat awhile ago. If you see a bad review on something you really like just keep looking till you find a good one. As in some ppl won't be swayed from their belief that Volkswagons are good cars. :huh2: cause they aint. :lol:

MCN always write shite so I would not worry. It is a shame they are the only UK weekly left, but they have always been anti Guzzi. If you can put up with dressing like a complete dork buy a Harley.

Anyone can write an article. Just have to remember that. AND everything outside of bare number facts(even they can be skewed) are opinions, If they're twits don't buy the mag or read into thier crap. Its why I don't get the american 'Stuff' that magazine is garbage with pretty pictures. The english 'Stuff' is awesome with all tis gadgets and pretty pictures.  :food:

Everything has positive and negative features.But to write the positive features as negative in a "famous" magazine exposes downwards the fame of it. Simply beacuse it's a false review. But as I rightly most of the time have thought these were the so called "daily dirt" magazines concerning bikes ,with nothing more

to show than "trendy" opinions.

MCN always write shite so I would not worry. ........... If you can put up with dressing like a complete dork buy a Harley.

Yep , that's what I meant with the above

It's so great the Guzzi doesn't find any place among them , it doesn't belong.

Yes in this world everyone can just squeese his belly and oppose an opinion even if it isn't valid.And I don't care at all cause I have a mind of my own ,i.e. for that perticular subject I have "hard" tested the Breva in Mandello there's no compartion with a HD in any aspect.

Truth is more importand than just "opinions" and in settled things like motorcycles and machines is more easy to find what trully good or bad is.

Personally I find the German magazines(i.e.MOTORRAD)) more explanatory specially in technical terms and even when they may not have very positive coclusion on a perticular Guzzi model (comparing it with equal character bikes) they very well back it up and then of cource on can understand if he is willing to accept any of these "irregularities" when buying a bike.Seem to be more "unbiased" in their tests. :thumbsup:

And then you can really say yes that's an opinion about it. B)

MCN always write shite so I would not worry. It is a shame they are the only UK weekly left, but they have always been anti Guzzi. If you can put up with dressing like a complete dork buy a Harley.

73662[/snapback]

Absolutely. Nogbad hit the nail on the head, too. It's not a valid comparison, so why make it? Because they had the bikes and because someone was under-employed is my opinion. Harleys and Guzzis are just different. If you own both then the chances are you do so because they offer such different motorcycling experiences. As a comparison? You might as well road test my V11 alongside my Triton. How much sense would that make?

Yeah its a stupid match- I have ridden a Breva 1100 and although its not my cup of tea its a good bike and handles well.

There are always a lot of ads from HD dealers in MCN classifieds but not many from Guzzi- that may explain the comments.

Guy :helmet: