Southeast Guys Please Help

Guest Michael Derby

Guest Michael Derby

Hi folks,

Some of you may have read my posts on the continued frustration with my '05 LeMans and it's problems with sputtering around 3,500 to 5,000 rpm's. My dealer (Atlanta Triumph Ducati) has stopped trying to fix it, after having it at their shop since Sept. 5th, '05. There attitude is come by and pick it up, cause we have other bikes to get in get out and make money on. They don't have any interest in tinkering around with a bike to help a loyal customer.

I know some of you have offered kind advice especially Jim who offered several suggestions. At this point I have decided to have someone other than me fix this and do it right.

I contacted Dave Richardson's place up in Seattle and I can have the bike shipped there, and they mentioned a Shelby Cunard who was in Charlotte NC with MG Intl. and has left since the move to NYC and has opened his own shop in Charlotte. Anyone know where I could track him down?

It would be closer than shipping my bike to Seattle.

Thanks in advance

Michael

and they mentioned a Shelby Cunard who was in Charlotte NC

74075[/snapback]

Shelby's name was mentioned a week or so ago on the wildguzzi list. Try asking at that site if no one knows here.

Tom

Guest Ilookfastanyway

Have you tried contacting Destination Motorcycles in Knoxville TN? I know that "Crow" has taken on this kind of stuff before. Also have you gone by the Guzzi corporate office in Woodstock? Get the reps and their boss where they can't avoid you. Just be polite. I work with Italians in the packaging industry and they are the same in many industries. They don't understand americans even though they employ many of them.

I had some good fortune to meet Frank ? at Ducati/MG/Aprilla NYC in manhattan. The guy was real knowledable and service oriented. their number is 212.989.1414

you might want to get hold of Todd Eagan at Guzzitech as he is the Power Commander Guru OR call MotoGuzzi Classics in Long Beach, CA. Sean Fader spent a little it of time on my bike getting it set up correctly and says that it's running perfectly now that he's sorted it.

To be honest you probably won't need to ship the bike to get it set up right as there are only a few things you need to set. I'm sure someone woudl be able to talk you through it.

Robbie

Michael,

Shelby is at Union Cycle in Charlotte, N.C.

Yaniv Adir has his EV's tranny there now (ATD sent it) for Shelby to fix.

Sorry about your plight. You should have been at the Georgia Guzzi meeting at the Vortex last night. Same subject as you raise was beaten to death. :bier:

OBTW, you also missed this by our bikes when we left: http://urlsnip.com/586988

A comely waitress -- must be new; no (visible) piercings or tattoos -- said wasn't hers. :D

Should reach 70, and I'm going to take the Ballabio out and play at lunchtime. :race:

Bill

Should reach 70, and I'm going to take the Ballabio out and play at lunchtime.  :race:

Bill

74170[/snapback]

I hope i'm playing with my Ballabio when I reach 70 . . . :rolleyes: