>>LEGAL HELP <<

g.forrest

[o o quote=g.forrest,Jan 12 2006, 09:16 PM]

:homer: was just wondering ! pondering ! and thought...why no legal eagles on [this] site, or they anynmously lurking.. or do they only ride harleys wherever they may be.. :ninja:

74150[/snapback]

[o o quote=g.forrest,Jan 12 2006, 09:16 PM]

:homer: was just wondering ! pondering ! and thought...why no legal eagles on [this] site, or they anynmously lurking.. or do they only ride harleys wherever they may be.. :ninja:

74150[/snapback]

74151[/snapback]

Not so. A high profile friend of mine out of Calgary, Alberta just sold his Harley, and his stable is decidedly Italian, with Benellis, several Laverdas, and other Italia.

Ciao, Steve G.

Bill Hagan in Atlanta is a first-rate attorney and a multi-Guzzi fanatic.

74166[/snapback]

Oh oh. I'm thinking this means you have malpractice claim against your doc in that recent procedure? :D

Actually, I know of at least two other Guzzi avvocati: Joe Martin, late of Baton Rouge, a family-law practitioner now living in--I'm serious--Grassy Creek, N.C., and Sean Dunstan, who is a wills, estates, and tax lawyer in a firm in Alexandria, Va. Joe rides an EV, and Sean a Coppa Italia. I think there are more, but they may not wish to be "outted." :ninja:

Bill

Bill --

Enjoy the ride. Just sat outside at El Azteca for lunch. Best day ever in winter.

Everything's ok with the operation, but recovery (full) could take well over a year.

BTW, if you still want those mirrors give a call.

F

Guest DanielCooper
:homer:  was just wondering ! pondering ! and thought...why no legal eagles on [this] site, or they anynmously lurking.. or do they only ride harleys wherever they may be.. :ninja:

74150[/snapback]

I'm a lawyer--what's it to you ?

I'm a lawyer--what's it to you ?

74234[/snapback]

Not licensed in Oz, huh? :D

do guzzisti need lawyers? "any problem we got, we just put our fists in..." (LL Cool J)  :grin:

Hehe I need advice on what to do with that.Often freaks me out why cant people be a bit honest since you are to them.

Hear this.

Last October went to Germany there I went to a Guzzi wrkshop called Parts and Twins.

And the story goes.I went there just to fix the gas reseve indicator mechanism, so there I went and fixed it along with the rear wheel bearing. No problem fixed.

1)They diagnosed that the motor was working unsynchronised and I should come again next day to fix it (didn't have time right them)

2)The cross over has cracked underneath and since they couldn;t weld it (or even of yes it would brake again) They offered me to get a new one , No problem I agreed.

3)For a work of 40 minutes to change the gas reserve mechanism and the rear wheel bearing I was charged for 1 hour. And that's cosy , we're talking about 51,60Euros per hour charges.

Nevertheless I was on a trip and I wanted my bike fixed.

1)There I go again next day and see about the synchronisation. The "boss" synchronizes" my bike and "diagnoses" during the process tha tthere are some faulty intake valves (opened the motor cups and the intake valves could move a bit side-side) There is going again and he offers me that all the valves and the seats should be replaced with new ones.

The synchronisation is finnally done , but so badly that despite the motor cylinders show equal measurements on the meter the bike spits and coughs like HELL , "Master chief" tells me si because it's faulty valves and the crossover crack and I take the bike sadlly at "home" :(

I wonder why It didn't behave this way when I had it synchronised it at Agostini. Hmm why it went there unsyncronised?? Don't know really :huh2: they may have playied with the sync screw while I wasn't looking at the first visit. :huh2:

2.)The suggested Mistral crossover is ordered and on the way to be in 3 days there. :(

Back after three days.

Of cousce the Mistral was there , hehe here is the catch. The boss sees that the

Mistral doesn't match the X type cross over that I had and "of cource" you must change the whole exaust system he says to me. I buy the crap (that's my fault)

and see what can we do for a complete exaust with pipes system, nowhere to find

but except to a known someone that has a pair of fronts to give away in second hand price.(about 130Euros)+ the back ones to match at aprox.44Euros. :P

(remember Paul when I called you)

Yep they would be tomorrow on the shop so there we can start.

Ahhh I forgot there goes also a total price of complete replacing the valves and the seats plus work and montage for it and the exaust too. The offer reads 1086.08Euros. I agree and there we go again. I have to go next day to let the bike in for a day.

Catch one here my first mistake , I should have lest and repair the exaust somewhere else, i.e. Daes Mototec, or at Agostini on my way back.

Next day comes and the parts are there and ready to start.I stay over their heads to complete the most job and depart to come again next day as agreed to see that bike prepeared and take it.

Next day

Hehe Here we are , the cylinder heads are there and so the exaust pipes though not fitted in from the day before.Anyways a bit delayed and they start building the things from midday on. I had do work my self too since they were working a bit slow on that (Guess why or you'll see latter)just polishing the old (second hand) exausts pipes. Things ready at the end of the day (late afternoon 6-7o clock)

and of to go to the cashier.

Well ,well, well, this is a "new" receipt now and theGuy want to charege me more than 1750Euros (yes you heared right.) I forgot to say that I added 2-3 extra parts worth of 180Euros or so in the way but there was no extra work on them since they were mostly parts of the montage proscess( and the flashlights I put them half myself on.).

The excuse for that?? Yes too many hours worked. Yes but that was his problem .And something else about this fraudster. He was charging 50+Euros per hour in the receipt for him self as a "Master Chief" he is but the work was done by "leehrlings" mechanic students who learn the job.

I said no way and (thank God there is a law in Germany that says no more that 10%-or so-more of the first deal can be raisen)he understands he can't have these money and remakes the receipt to 1231.48Euros. I say O.K. with total dissatisfaction and go to pay.(first to the bank) He offers me to leave less tha the half that I had with me and the rest tomorrow since I should go there to retighten the heads (yes he insisted that only ( 50-60km will do- NOW that's a Joke folkes but he insited so) and resyncronise the motor.

My "second" mistake"

Here is why I demand someone to be O.K. I could have paid less than the half left that shop that night and go away and never come back :homer: .Either way I wouldn't go again there and the service was bad.But I didn't I was (and I am ) gentleman and correct all the way, and paid right off cash all the amount agreed.

Well folkes it's not over yet.

I had to do hell of a lot the next day and didn;t have time to collect the rest of my parts left there.I left a message on his mobile telephone to send them over to my adress (that I would give latter on with email)

O.K. the finnal conclussion is that my parts old or not , junk or not, were not sent anyways and he denies the fact that belonged to me(exaust pipes) and some other he have thrown away as well :moon:

Do you need more

Sometimes I wondder how much more would descent man take before he gets really pi$$ed. There he had replaced without asking, and of course I paid them,the manifold rubbers. These were of so bad quality that they broke of one day while I was on a ride and the costs , phsycological stress that caused me was

simply too much. :wacko:

We all have good and bad time but tell me what should I do in such ocation m how should I feel. ?? :huh2:

Cause I don't use fists when I get to pay this way , but Trail Masters,blackTalons and Barnetts.

Thanks for reading up to here.

Is this the place? :

http://www.v2-italo-parts.de/

Too bad lawyers cost more the injury.....

PS Hey Andy of Action Motorcycles, NYC.! I am still waiting for that refund!!!

No, no , here is this one.http://www.twinsandparts.de/ and here is their shop in ebay Ebay shop

After hanging around in this forum , visiting places like Agositini, :thumbsup: Daes Mototec :thumbsup: and Dynotec :thumbsup: and enrichen my knowledge.

All I can say is that the prementioned workshop :stupid: with the link above don't have a clue about moder guzzis except typical stuff.

Ok, I'll try again....

Lawyers riding Guzzis are alive and wellin Bundaberg Australia. Two partners in my firm have Guzzis (VII and Daytona). Office Manager has a Corsa. Anyone want to give cheek.....then we'll get ourselves another :D

:huh2: bundaburg.. [ not family law again] :helmet: [conveyancing]

Ok, I'll try again....

Lawyers riding Guzzis are alive and wellin Bundaberg Australia. Two partners in my firm have Guzzis (VII and Daytona). Office Manager has a Corsa. Anyone want to give cheek.....then we'll get ourselves another :D

74612[/snapback]