Track Day Anglesey

Guzzirider

Great day! :bier: to Guy & Mal & their support crew! Thanks! I got a bit worried when it seemed like we were the only ones turned up without tyre warmers, but had a great day. Warm & sunny, well organised, interesting circuit :thumbsup: Hope you all had a good ride home.

KB :sun:

It was a pleasure to meet you and see your skillful riding Keith.

I have a good camcorder clip of you stuffing it up the inside of someone at School corner then going round a Kawasaki 2 bends later- I'll try and burn it onto a disc for you.

What a great day- sunshine, dry and grippy track and sticky tyres! Like Keith said, most of the other riders were on dedicated track bikes with motorhomes, pit crews, in some cases slicks and tyre warmers and there were only 5 riders including us 3 that rode to the track. The standard of the riding was good though, fast but courteous.

It was very pleasant riding back along the coast, the sea was blue and the mountains clear but then along the Manchester ring road, my bike started to sound like a Harley and I stopped to find that my right hand exhaust header pipe had cracked nearly all the way around. Hopefully get it fixed before Scottish Rally.

Still, what a great day- was good to be on track again.

Guy :helmet:

anglesey_001.jpg

anglesey_004.jpg

:thumbsup:

If I ever can get back into my leathers I must do a trackday.

When my headers cracked the dealer welded them up due to the delay in waiting for the correct replacements. They were seamless. I don't know if welded from the inside or if external and ground. I could have been tempted to leave them like that but the replacements arrived the next week on warranty. So theres no real need to be off the road for long.

I take it that you're fully recovered now and no problems arrising from a day on the bike?

My wife uses putfile.com as a free host for movies. If you want to host the videos so we all can enjoy the sights of a V11 going up the inside in a safe controlled enviroment -_- . Did he wave to the Kawasaki rider, or is it only me he does that to as he goes around the outside :D

:thumbsup:

If I ever can get back into my leathers I must do a trackday.

When my headers cracked the dealer welded them up due to the delay in waiting for the correct replacements. They were seamless. I don't know if welded from the inside or if external and ground. I could have been tempted to leave them like that but the replacements arrived the next week on warranty. So theres no real need to be off the road for long.

I take it that you're fully recovered now and no problems arrising from a day on the bike?

My wife uses putfile.com as a free host for movies.  If you want to host the videos so we all can enjoy the sights of a V11 going up the inside in a safe controlled enviroment  -_-  .  Did he wave to the Kawasaki rider, or is it only me he does that to as he goes around the outside  :D

86321[/snapback]

Its good fun Martin- grease those leathers up and give it a go!

Thanks for the advice about the header pipe- I have dropped a line to Pete at Reboot to see if he has the pipe for the Nero Corsa he is breaking- if not Teo Lamers have 2 in stock. I will get the existing one welded anyway and keep it as a spare.

It was hard work for me yesterday- I had a year of inactivity and I'm not as fit as I normally would be so I relaxed and did not try too hard. I had to end a couple of sessions early because my the fingers in my right hand were seizing up after hard braking, but I still had a great time.

I'll use that link Martin so we can all see Keith's antics- its a bit wobbly though cos its on full zoom with no tripod.

Guy :helmet:

...Keith's antics - a bit wobbly...cos on full zoom ...
:grin:

:race: After seeing the kit that was going out, I was surprised how well the Guzzi kept up. A few Jap/Duke riders surprised too I think if all they know of the Guzzi is from the press/stats etc... Given 80+HP/250+Kg & the road tests etc would have you believe a Guzzi's an underpowered, outdated, lardy old bag of nails that should have no place on a track. Sure the straights at Ty Croes are pretty short & you probably have to ride it a bit harder, but the Scura did better than most would ever give it credit for, & more than held it's own. It'd stay with the 600's/749's on the shorter drags between corners. The big Jap fours & 916/999 Dukes would walk away on the straights but only when they'd managed to get the power down out of corners while the Guz was already on full throttle & closing (less power has some advantages!). The big Dukes especially were difficult to stay with, they got so much grunt they put down so quickly.

Another thing I noticed which I noticed last time too; gearchange is pretty flawless on the track, v quick & precise - feels/works much better than on the road. Didn't miss or fluff one change all day. On the road I bodge quite a few. Not sure if difference is in more focus by me or the bike just responds better to track speed changes? Anyone else notice this? Used the clutch all day.

I think Ohlins stuff may make a big difference over stock stuff on track too. There's just so much meaningful adjustment & it works so well.

The Michelin Power 2CT's were *kin amazing. Just stuck like glue, turned lovely. Never let go. Tyre warmers? slicks? Bah! Don't think I'll get a whole bunch of miles tho.

Guy, Look forward to seeing that clip...if I can ever download it on this old steam powered PC...

Thrashed the nuts off it all day & rode it home without a complaint ...

:mg: :mg: :mg::mg::mg: yeh! MOTO F*in GUZZI ! :mg:

KB :sun: