V-11 Sport Oil Pan problem

rower307

I'm the new owner of a 2000 V-11 Sport. Tried to drop the pan today. Removed 14 hex screws & hose fitting, did not remove the oil filter access cover 'cause I don't have a wrench that big. The pan won't budge. I looked underneath with a mirror, don't see anything else holding it. Tapped around it with a plastic hammer, then tried a brass drift & plastic hammer on the projection at right rear of pan. A piece of it broke off, & I gave up...Advice needed. Thanks.

That's ounds so strange.I can't offer any piece of dvice except to spray the conact area of the pan with the rest of the engine block with WD40 and let it absorb this wil help loosen up.Be sure that everything is removed from the pan.

P.S. fter reading ll posts , well if it's a glue , what kind of moron should use glue there.

The rear axle nut and the combination wrench in your tool kit work together nicely to remove the manhole cover. This will allow you to gain access to the filter. You will need a socket with the right number of flats to remove the filter element. Use due diligence (be very, very careful) when reinstalling the manhole cover. It is very easy to cross thread.

Thats a bit too small and precise for my liking.

75674[/snapback]

They got the red OK, but the green isn't a good match. Doesn't look like a tool for my bike