g.forrest

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to have a pair of Blue Masked Lovebirds

bluemaskWBLov_DBird50.jpg

These aren't mine.

Mine used to fight! not too much love going on in their cage. They ate my picture frames when out free flying and threw seed everywhere. Quite noisy also. There are times when I'd fancy another pair and then I come to my senses. I have kids they can do all the above damage and more :(

We sat out as long as we could, it wasn't our fight.

and you still bitch about it to this day.

Then we wrote the checks, and sent the raw materials,

along with the planes and ships. And more than a few men. And you still bitch to this day.

76631[/snapback]

I'm not bitching about the US involvement in WWII. I'm only bitching about the narcissistic view held by many that the USA singlehandedly saved the world by participating in WWII. Thousands of ships, planes, trucks, and tanks only get you so far - you still need the heroes who are going to use the hardware!

I'm not bitching about the US involvement in WWII.  I'm only bitching about the narcissistic view held by many that the USA singlehandedly saved the world by participating in WWII.  Thousands of ships, planes, trucks, and tanks only get you so far - you still need the heroes who are going to use the hardware!

76688[/snapback]

Quite true.

Heroes on horseback don't get very far, however.

Ask the Polish cavalry.

Arsenal of Democracy, and all that.

lot of bull on this subject, and ignorance. The picture of the p39 airocobra in russian colours can be interpreted in more then one way, which I'm pretty sure the gent who posted it didn't realise. That's what we call an own goal in these parts. I'm not going to go into it, but do the research if you're that bothered.

Being Irish, nobody saved my ass in ww2. or ww1 for that matter. Or Napoleonic, Norman, crusader or the Roman campaigns, so possibly some people might get a perspective on history before claiming to have saved the world.

Bush is an idiot. If you think differently you are in the global minority, which I think is proving to not be a good thing.

This is a guzzi forum. A healthy dose of politics does no harm( Shit, it's all we talk about around here. Well apart from women, beer, football, beer, religion, beer etc...), but am I wrong in saying the vitriol and racism... sorry, patriotism, could be kept to a minimum?

lot of bull on this subject, and ignorance. The picture of the p39 airocobra in russian colours can be interpreted in more then one way, which I'm pretty sure the gent who posted it didn't realise. That's what we call an own goal in these parts. I'm not going to go into it, but do the research if you're that bothered.

Being Irish, nobody saved my ass in ww2. or ww1 for that matter. Or Napoleonic, Norman, crusader or the Roman campaigns, so possibly some people might get a perspective on history before claiming to have saved the world.

Bush is an idiot. If you think differently you are in the global minority, which I think is proving to not be a good thing.

This is a guzzi forum. A healthy dose of politics does no harm( Shit, it's all we talk about around here. Well apart from women, beer, football, beer, religion, beer etc...), but am I wrong in saying the vitriol and racism... sorry, patriotism, could be kept to a minimum?

76692[/snapback]

Lets see. I understand.

It is OK for you thin-skinned people on the European side of the pond to bash the USA and call our President an idiot.

But its not OK, and you can't handle it, when the truth is spoken about the USA's contributions to winning both world wars and the rebuilding of Europe after WWII ???

Yeah. Thats fair and balanced.

<_>