The Gimp rides again!!!

v50man

Gents --

Have been DISCHARGED from hand rehab and given the green light to attempt to ride a motorcycle.

So -- I snuck out of work after lunch -- rolled out the Firebolt (it's lighter and easier to maneuver than the V11) -- fired her up -- and went. Some pain at first -- still lots of numbness (no feeling in most of right hand) -- but after about 15 minutes the hand/wrist loosened up and I was able to get semi-aggressive and lift the front wheel just a tad... -_-

Anyways, now that I have "re-qualified" on the superlight Buell, I'm next going to take the v11 out for a much-needed flogging. Cannot wait.

Weather is supposed to be crap this weekend, but today was Spring-like in the ATL, so it'll probably be early next week. Perhaps I'll ride it to the surgeon's (as he has requested a last look at the wrist and is always just a burp away from buying the new BMW uberbike) next Tuesday. He'd love to see the Guzzi.

Well, I'll waste no more of your time. Just wanted to share the good news as this is far earlier than I had hoped to be able to ride.

Be safe...

v50

Great news.

Even tho a bit brrrr outside, sure looks bright and nice for a ride. Unfortunately, I'm stuck at the office catching up on things I missed while out of town last week.

If you get the urge for a local ride later this a.m. or afternoon, stop by for a personal tour of the GarageMahalo [785 Edgewood, Inman Park, 30307]. Kathi has told me I have no "honey-do's," so I intend to putz out there after I escape from the desk here.

In any event, welcome back! :mg:

Bill

Great news.

Even tho a bit brrrr outside, sure looks bright and nice for a ride.  Unfortunately, I'm stuck at the office catching up on things I missed while out of town last week.

If you get the urge for a local ride later this a.m. or afternoon, stop by for a personal tour of the GarageMahalo [785 Edgewood, Inman Park, 30307].  Kathi has told me I have no "honey-do's," so I intend to putz out there after I escape from the desk here.

In any event, welcome back!  :mg:

Bill

77346[/snapback]

Bill -- thanks for the offer. I would definitely take you up on it were it not for the fact that I woke up feeling like warmed-over s**t -- some kind of viral/flu thing.

The redehead has been making me breathe peppermint oil in boiling water in a vain attempt to clear my head. Still feel cruddy -- probably gonna have to blow off "World's Fastest Indian" viewing this afternoon. :unsure:

I promise that when I'm back up I'll give you a call-- check out the Garage Majal -- and FINALLY bring you those V11 mirrors -- if you still want 'em.

Take care...

v50