Which one to keep... help...!!!!!!!

Guest SFGUZZI

Guest SFGUZZI

Ok Gang...

I really need help here, i currently have a stable of 6 bikes and need to sell (1), its between the 2001 v11 or the 2003 v11, I'm so torn as to what to sell :huh2: any ideas or party's interested buying one of the two.

I know I'm reaching here but, maybe the responses i get will help me decide.

Grazie....!!!!!!! :race:

Ok Gang...

I really need help here, i currently have a stable of 6 bikes and need to sell (1), its between the 2001 v11 or the 2003 v11, I'm so torn as to what to sell  :huh2: any ideas or party's interested buying one of the two.

77650[/snapback]

Post some photos and we'll vote! :P

Boy hard choice.

There are good points to each bike. First, the 03 you have is an early 03 model which I think is just like an 02, it still has the tank pad which means it still has the fuel pump under the tank. It also does not look like it has the front crossover, which some like and some people dislike anyway.

So, I do like the way the 02 bikes and newer feel in the handling department, just feels more stable at speed. The newer forks may be better also, but I am not sure which forks are on your 03. The negative part of having an 03 is the peeling black paint on the engine block, shifter spring which could let go at any time, front engine cover gasket which were prone to blow out.

Now the 00 bike has a more narrow rear tire (really no big deal, but the 180 rear tire looks meaner to me), earlier 6 spd. trans which some parts were revised in later models, trans recall and I seemed to hit many more false neutrals than the newer models. :huh2:

That is the only differences I can think of, I know my 03 Rosso feels more modern than the 00 V11 Sport I used to have.

Mike

I say keep the older one. It is more the real V11 than the later "special editions". The later bike hasn't got the most modern bits on it, so doesn't offer that much better an experience. Selling the newer one will give you more money to spend on your next bike.

The older silver engine looks better than the black crinkle finish one too.

:2c:

I think I rushed to judgment. At first glance I thought we were comparing an '01 with a new '03. After reading the responses I change my vote . . . keep the '01! It is truly a classic. :bier:

I would keep the 03(really an o2) wider rear wheel which allows better selection of high performance tires, better brake rotors not as likely to warp,additional bracing between frame and transmission,no transmission recall issues requiring trans. removal. I think some improvement was done to the front suspension, the clip ons mount on top of the triple clamp.looks prettyer with the blacked out stuff IMHO. the shifter spring is an easy fix for $20. with aftermarket spring, If your older bike was a green one I would say keep it, but since its silver, I say sell her, The other one is beautiful, although a biased opinion ( :mg: I have the same bike and love it)

I would keep the '01 red frame bike. To me it is a much better bike to look at with the silver engine. I have always liked the way the earlier bikes turned in as well. More nimble. That '03 is just a one later year model with a lot of cosmetic faults about to happen. I'd get the carbon pipes off of it though.

Wick

Ok Gang...

I really need help here, i currently have a stable of 6 bikes and need to sell (1), its between the 2001 v11 or the 2003 v11, I'm so torn as to what to sell  :huh2: any ideas or party's interested buying one of the two.

77650[/snapback]

Sell me the seat cowl and slip ons from the `03 for a very low price and then ask lots for the rest. Good luck , tough choice.

The 2001 has the proper colored silver/grey engine. It is also the one which will gain collector value quicker as it's the original. It has the proper 1 color paint scheme. No question with me anyways, the series one model is the keeper.

Ciao, Steve G.