NGC/ Baby Seal Hunt ?

TX REDNECK (R.I.P.)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we have antarctic seals here, but they havn't been hunted since early last century,we prefer beef and mutton!

Hey, do any you Canucks know where I can sign up for the annual baby seal hunt? Is there certain specifications for the club, or is it issued or what? :huh2:

78126[/snapback]

Hey, do any you Canucks know where I can sign up for the annual baby seal hunt? Is there certain specifications for the club, or is it issued or what? :huh2:

78126[/snapback]

We use good old fashioned Hockey stickes, (ice hockey, for you sensitive types reading this) if you need to know how effective they are, ask anyone of the US Hockey teams :grin:

:bier:

Cheers

Van

You'll have to get yourself to Newfoundland between November 15 and May 15 but the main hunt usually begins in early March, and continues through May. Your best bet is to just show up dockside at Fogo, Twiliingate or Moretons Harbour and ask one of the locals where to sign up. If you bring a bat with you they tend to treat you well but are mistrustful of people that look like city folk, have TV cameras or Hollywood starlets with them (they'll smash the cameras and I don't dare repeat what they'll do to the starlets).

Aluminum bats are not well liked as the sound they make isn't very pleasing but the modern wooden bat made from northern white ash is used by many 'players'. However, the true afficianados prefer the old fashioned but heavier hickory bat.

As they sign says at the Louisville Slugger museum, the "crack of the bat" remains one of the sporting world's most thrilling moments.

A suthrunner like Tex might not know this, but when you cross the border into Canuck-ville, in the Central area, the pickup trucks still have gun racks by the back window, except that instead of an '06 bolt-action Model 70 Winchester (preferably pre-'64, or modern reproduction thereof) with a scope, the rack carries a hockey stick. Those effin' Canuck mofos are more gentle than us Suthrunners—until they explode a baby seals's cranium with a Louisville Slugger . . . but let's not "go there," as that would be "judgemental" or mental, or whatever . . . and we can't really judge those in another country 'till we've "walked a mile in their shoes" . . oh, no . . .

Are you trying to be funny, or are you just F@&$&*$ed up?

:rolleyes:

You know, the World Wildlife Fund actually came out in favor of it. Fucking dumbasses just try to save anything cute. Almost no one gives a @#!#$# about trying to actually understanding the way ecosystems work, keystone species, all that shit.

Have you ever blown a seal??

78158[/snapback]

It's an oldie, but still makes one chuckle.

By the way, the correct spelling for a badger's abode is "SETT" with a double T.

:rolleyes:

You know, the World Wildlife Fund actually came out in favor of it. Fucking dumbasses just try to save anything cute. Almost no one gives a @#!#$# about trying to actually understanding the way ecosystems work, keystone species, all that shit.

78141[/snapback]

A seal hunt by modern definitions is meant to be a sustainable harvest of a renewable resource. The objective of a sustainable harvest is to maintain a relatively large and constant population size while killing a set number of animals each year.

Whoops- apologies for my spelling Mr Oddie!

Have you got your Buell yet Noggers?

Guy  :helmet:

78166[/snapback]

I have paid for it, and have the receipt. Yesterday I had to fly to Edinburgh for a business meeting, so I called in and had a sit on it (in my suit) and started it up. My God, is it loud or what, I'll have to be careful not to get my collar felt by Martin's colleagues.....

Not collecting it till next month though, because they offered me an 06 plate if I was prepared to wait, and I thought it might be worth a bit in resale value. All the special offer bikes are gone now and the price is back up to almost 8K for the same spec as mine so I consider I did quite well.

By the way, when you added the missing T in "SETT" your finger must have been shaking. Take a look. Hope you don't have the DTs....!

Guest ratchethack
I honestly don't see any problem with bludgeoning baby seals to death.

How UNFEELING of you. You must have a politically incorrect agenda... :lol:

It's about the same as offing a cow, chicken, pig, moose, deer, ducks, rabbits,fish did I miss a species?. The baby seals look cute in their white coat and against the white ice backdrop the blood an guts, if they were doing this industry in a building there would not be as much of a protest.

Personally I don't give a shit about whether it's P C or not. I just like drinking beer & killing shit.