Jim's Indicators

Guest Nogbad

Does Jim deserve a Bodge Point  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Does Jim deserve a Bodge Point

• No - This is legitimate modification
    • Yes - Dreadful bodge and I would be horrified to buy a bike like this
    • Don't know or Don't care

I am sure I will get over the loss of my first bodge point!

Jim

79024[/snapback]

Well, you didn't really lose one, just failed to win one. When I introduced Bodge Points, I never thought people would actually want to get them, it was a bit of fun and it seems to have developed a life of it's own!

Tell you what, if you can get 20 members to vote Bodge by the end of the weekend, you can have one, but it would only be honorary. I can't see your indicator / resistor mod as a bodge in the true sense. Could you incorporate a bit of bent bean can crimped with a mole grip anywhere?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tell ya what, I'll give you some pointers, Fasten the license plate on with a series of zip ties, BUT bundle the wires for under the seat with some package twine. Swap out those faulty relays for peices of copper wire placed into each slot then twisted together. :luigi:

tell ya what, I'll give you some pointers, Fasten the license plate on with a series of zip ties, BUT bundle the wires for under the seat with some package twine. Swap out those faulty relays for peices of copper wire placed into each slot then twisted together.  :luigi:

79092[/snapback]

That would work.

I think we better inform Wikipedia that they are a little off the mark.

Bodge

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bodge is British slang for a mistake of impressive magnitude, usually made through carelessness. (See also Kludge.) The term was coined after the collapse of a bridge designed by an architect named Bodge.

A bodge job can also mean a job that was completed quickly and carelessly, or without using the correct tools, even if no mistakes were made. A successful bodge is an example of creative engineering.

It is said that the two main tools used by bodgers are Duct Tape (for when something should be stuck, but isn't) and WD-40 (for when something is stuck, but shouldn't be.)

Bodging is a firm favourite among farmers and those willing to get a job done, but not always properly.

"a poor job that just about works"

It is also an uncommon last name found throughout parts of Ireland, England, and the US

This tool article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.

Bodge in some parts of Northern Ireland is slang for being "insane" or "off the rails".

Not that far away. My definitions are simply a subset of bodging designed to suit the bike maintenance field and the sensibilities of Guzzisti.

Anyway, I am the Arbiter of Bodging, and as such my decisions are final. Doesn't look as if our friend is going to get his 20 votes!

Not that far away. My definitions are simply a subset of bodging designed to suit the bike maintenance field and the sensibilities of Guzzisti.

Anyway, I am the Arbiter of Bodging, and as such my decisions are final. Doesn't look as if our friend is going to get his 20 votes!

79618[/snapback]

Historically, it's a woodworking term.

http://www.workingwoodlands.info/bodgingintro.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bodging

Guest jim fordham

Looks like I ve blown !

Any way took the bike out on sunday , My mate said it might clear up , so it pissed it down for 3 hours . Was a good laugh and nice to be out on the old beast . Full rain test on the back light and indicators , All spott on although I had a flat battery at the start of the day, which was either I ve messed up the wiring or left it in park all night.(Its ok know so I ve awarded my self a plonker point) .

One problem my rev counter misted up badly is this a common problem and is it worth a trip back to the dealer!

Jim

One problem my rev counter misted up badly is this a common problem and is it worth a trip back to the dealer!

Jim

79645[/snapback]

No, just about all of them will mist up.

The fix is to drill a strategic hole, but I don't recall where to drill it :huh2: