Seal bashing a legitimate excercise.

pete roper

Exactly!  The dogs @#!#$# up your cattle land.  Down Under, the toads ain't even supposed to be there.  Here the seal population explosion due to a lack of predators is raising hell with the fish population.

I just get pissed when wildlife control becomes "don't bash the cute little seals...".  Every country has some population control for certain species.  Coming to the rescue of the cute ones??  Just because they're cute???

@#!#$# that shit! 

The annual culling of the herd brings income and jobs to the sealers, and keeps the fishing (huge) industry alive.

Rj

78861[/snapback]

I'm with you mang.

JustDumb.gif

OK, sorry I reopened the can of worms.

For the record I don't own a gun and never have, don't fish and don't myself kill anything bigger than insects and the occasional snake.

I just find it silly that people get upset that animals get killed and how they are killed. Is being whacked with a blunt instrument really any worse than a captive bolt in a slaughterhouse?

I personally think killing whales is stupid and un-neccesary, there are much better and more easily accessible types of meaty protien to be had that don't require blowing something to bits with RPG's to get and I'm aware that the world's resources are finite too, my ecological footprint is very small,. I just get pissed off by whiners and people who want to live in cloud-cuckoo land.

I won't mention the subject again unless provoked. No to go and fry up a nice slice of smoked pig for breakfast!!!! :food:

Pete