Seal bashing a legitimate excercise.

pete roper

I asked Jude, who writes government standards on all sorts of things, including killing them, and I'm afraid that *Blunt Trauma*, (AKA Bashing them with a golf club, baseball bat, cricket bat, log, riffle butt, etc.) is an internationally accepted way of depriving animals of there otherwise worthless and insipid lives! IF IT'S FOR FOOD OR THE BETTERMENT OF MANKIND.

I don't approve of whaling per-se, I don't approve of seal clubbing for fun. BUT! I'm sorry, it's going to go on and industry relies on people having money, Moto Guzzi remaining a viable manufacturer is dependent on the world ecconomy ticking over and some seals will be clubbed in that process happening.

Jude knits sandals out of brown rice and has a, (Whalebone re-inforced.) bra made of hand combed yogurt but even she realizes that the world is a rotten place where shit happens.

We kill to eat, we aren't even nice to our own species! Get over it! It's accepted by every government in the worls but most especially it's accepted by those of countries with the longest and best democratic traditions!!!

As an afterthought, I just recieved a nice cap and T-Shirt, along with a huge sticker, from the MG club of Denmark!!! Fantastic! Just in time for me to have a fatwah declared if I go out in public wearing them!!! Never mind, It won't show under my whale-skin waistcoat and otter-hide hat :bbblll::grin::drink::bier::thing:

Pete

I asked Jude, who writes government standards on all sorts of things, including killing them, and I'm afraid that *Blunt Trauma*, (AKA Bashing them with a golf club, baseball bat, cricket bat, log, riffle butt, etc.) is an internationally accepted way of depriving animals of there otherwise worthless and insipid lives! IF IT'S FOR FOOD OR THE BETTERMENT OF MANKIND.

78773[/snapback]

For the betterment of mankind? Can we start a eugenics thread?

mike

8-)

I'll wait to see what happens with this thread, but my guess it's prone to closing...

78780[/snapback]

I should club it to death right now Jaap!

I don't approve of whaling per-se, I don't approve of seal clubbing for fun. BUT! I'm sorry, it's going to go on and industry relies on people having money, Moto Guzzi remaining a viable manufacturer is dependent on the world ecconomy ticking over and some seals will be clubbed in that process happening.

Jude knits sandals out of brown rice and has a, (Whalebone re-inforced.)  bra made of hand combed yogurt but even she realizes that the world is a rotten place where shit happens.

We kill to eat, we aren't even nice to our own species! Get over it! It's accepted by every government in the worls but most especially it's accepted by those of countries with the longest and best democratic traditions!!!

As an afterthought, I just recieved a nice cap and T-Shirt, along with a huge sticker, from the MG club of Denmark!!! Fantastic! Just in time for me to have a fatwah declared if I go out in public wearing them!!! Never mind, It won't show under my whale-skin waistcoat and otter-hide hat :bbblll:  :grin:  :drink:  :bier:  :thing:

Pete

78773[/snapback]

What a cop out.

It is clear that you internally ridden with guilt and grasping for excuses.

You are so desperate that you site the existance of government policy as a legitimizer for batting cute animals to death.

Somewhere in that vinegar drenched heart of yours, there is a spot of sweet compassion, left over from when you were young and innocent.

Hey Jude, if you are reading this, why don't you log on and speak for yourself about how you write laws that approve physical excercise of using golf clubs to end the lives of worthless animals to make a better, more physically fit mankind?

Hey Pete, the world is going to become more humanitarian, get over it!

Fer cryin out loud, this is population control! Where are the ativists protesting "cane toadin'" down under? If it's killing for sport you are against, take it out on the sporting Aussies who take 9 irons to the leapers for nothing other than fun. Or how about the rednecks sitting in the pick up bed shooting gophers with their AR-7's just to watch them jump?

At least after the herd is culled the carcasses are going to use.

Fakin bleeding hearts. :moon:

Rj

Or how about the rednecks sitting in the pick up bed shooting gophers with their AR-7's just to watch them jump?

Don't get me started on prairie dawgs now. I hate 'em :angry: They're always digging burrows & causing cattle to step off in their damn holes & the next thing you know, you have to put a cow down before it's ready for the feed lot.

Actually shooting at praire dawgs is tougher than it seems. Once you start plinking a town they get wise fast. You have to get a bigger rifle & you have get farther away to take 'em by surprise.

Don't get me started on prairie dawgs now. I hate 'em  :angry:  They're always digging burrows & causing cattle to step off in their damn holes & the next thing you know, you have to put a cow down before it's ready for the feed lot.

78860[/snapback]

Exactly! The dogs @#!#$# up your cattle land. Down Under, the toads ain't even supposed to be there. Here the seal population explosion due to a lack of predators is raising hell with the fish population.

I just get pissed when wildlife control becomes "don't bash the cute little seals...". Every country has some population control for certain species. Coming to the rescue of the cute ones?? Just because they're cute???

@#!#$# that shit!

The annual culling of the herd brings income and jobs to the sealers, and keeps the fishing (huge) industry alive.

Rj

While I'm ranting,

I was watching "Long Way Round" the other day. Interesting but I can't take any more of Ewan's bloody whining all the time.

I almost shit when he had the audacity to bitch about the Siberian truckers killing a black bear for the $600-$1000 it's hide and gall bladder bring.

Easy for a multi-millionaire to whine about the poor bear getting shot just for it's hide and gall. Ewan's got no problem feeding and housing his kids.

If I'm in Siberia, having difficulty making a living, and my kids are going cold and hungry, and I see $600 run across the road, you can bet your ass me and my 30-06 are going after it.

Ewan's an asshole.

Rj