Production

G.POLEGATO

:mg: Hi all, some months ago Moto Guzzi stopped the V11 production. Now in Italy just the V11 Ballabio is in the official price list. The reason of this stop is the

Euro 3 omologation, Moto Guzzi don't want loss much money for V11 omologation and prefere the new model Breva and Griso! :( Giovanni #60

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here in a Dutch motormagazine is a test between

Ducati sportsclassic, Triumph Truxton, Voxan caferacer and a

V11 Lemans. The conclusion of the testers is , that it's time

to stop the production of the V11 !

To heavy, to old and not much inspiring.

This conclusion dissapointed me a lot.

I cannot agree with that, my Tenni gives me a lot of pleasure

and i think it's fast enough for today's traffic.

Mayby the Euro 2 version of the latest Lemans killed the character

we love so much ?

Anton

we love so much ?

Anton

79999[/snapback]

what? & they're going to tell us the Thruxton is not too heavy (or slow?) , looks good but what else?

yep we get it...... even on a V50 ! :grin:

:mg: Hi all, i have just 34 years but i have owned in the past 5 Ducati, 2 and 4 valves and i think my Tenni is most reliable bike than many others . I don't believe 230 kg is a ultra heavy weight and 220 Km/h is too slow. I think my Tenni is a marvellous bike :D:helmet: Tenni#60

P:S:= Anton you have a great motorcycle.

we love so much ?

Anton

79999[/snapback]

I couldn't agree more with you. If this magazine thinks the Thruxton is more inspiring than the V11, they're smoking drugs. And the Sportclassics, while being visually beautiful, are virtually unrideable by anyone over 6' high. I have to fold into a fetal position, with ALL my weight onto the wrists. And the Voxan? They are'nt serious are they?

Ciao, Steve G.

:mg: Hi all, some months ago Moto Guzzi stopped the V11 production. Now in Italy just the V11 Ballabio is in the official price list. The reason of this stop is the

Euro 3 omologation, Moto Guzzi don't want loss much money for V11 omologation and prefere the new model Breva and Griso! :(  Giovanni #60

79990[/snapback]

Pity, isn't it? I took a close look at the Breva & Griso at the MC show here a couple of weeks ago. Both a little too stylized for me. The Breva is almost OK until you look at the headlamp. :vomit: And the Griso only looks good from the right side so you can't see the bazooka sized muffler. (at least that can be easily changed) I'm sure I've offended some, but for me the Sport & Le Mans are still the eye catching Guzzis.

to stop the production of the V11 !...

79999[/snapback]

This is probably just a translation of a MOTORRAD article in one of the last issues. Written without to much phantasy, in deed. Reeding it twice you could even say silly.

The author found the Guzzi would somehow just work, and this was the only reason for his conclusion.

Some copies before this an other author complained about the Griso that he couldn't find the sidestand in the dark, so what can you expect ?!

Hubert

Pity, isn't it?  I took a close look at the Breva & Griso at the MC show here a couple of weeks ago. Both a little too stylized for me. The Breva is almost OK until you look at the headlamp. :vomit:  And the Griso only looks good from the right side so you can't see the bazooka sized muffler. (at least that can be easily changed) I'm sure I've offended some, but for me the Sport & Le Mans are still the eye catching Guzzis.

80065[/snapback]

I agree 100%.

The MV Brutale's headlight is like that for a reason, other than style. It's a fairing, and down swept to offer downward pressure to plant the front end during high speed. The Breva's light, as a cosmetic statement, fails miserably. And it is strictly cosmetic with this machine, considering it's speed potential compared to the Brutale.

The Griso, I'm willing to cut it some slack, as I'm sure part of the plan with that massive silencer they have on it, is to have a catalist inside for emissions purposes, much like the BUTT ugly silencers currently found on the Ducati Classics series. Luckily, a muffler is easier to replace than a "cosmetically integral" headlight.

Ciao, Steve G.

Luckily, a muffler is easier to replace

80114[/snapback]

Maybe not so lucky. Some attempts so far have been a bit insulting. We've already commented on the high mount can with angular pipe, that doesn't do the bike's design any favours at all. Now this stock ti can is being sold as an aftermarket option. The thing could hardly look more weedy.

DSCF1039.JPG