1100 Breva rear drive defect

leafman60

While I tend to agree that given half a chance the company would probably try and deny responsibility I don't think it's likely to be simply because they see the CARC issue as dangerous and the clutch issue not. Having one of those Scurra clutches/flywheels come hopping out of the bell housing at speed would definitely be an underpants-soiling experience :o . Also replacing the CARC unit's must be very pricey as they've sold a LOT of Brevas and not a few Grisos now, the only thing being that swapping the CARC wouldn't take as long as doing a clutch on a spineframe but there are probably a lot fewer bikes around with the duff clutches/flywheels.

I too find it extraordinary that there hasn't been a recall on the flywheels but :huh2: what can you do?

Pete

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also replacing the CARC unit's must be very pricey as they've sold a LOT of Brevas and not a few Grisos now...

An Italian source on the Anima Guzzista forum has indicated that 2,645 CARC units are to be replaced worldwide. So.....if the unit cost is £250, and that's a conservative estimate, that would cost Guzzi in the order of £661,250.00 :o.....

I wonder how much cheaper the suspect bearings were compared to the likes of SKF?

An Italian source on the Anima Guzzista forum has indicated that 2,645 CARC units are to be replaced worldwide. So.....if the unit cost is £250, and that's a conservative estimate, that would cost Guzzi in the order of £661,250.00  :o.....

I wonder how much cheaper the suspect bearings were compared to the likes of SKF?

83490[/snapback]

Don't forget that the replaced CARCs can be refurbished and installed on new machines. The flywheels, not.

m