Almost a lowside

Kannon

Guest paulK61
Last time i scratched my sidestand was on my way down from Passo Stelvio, Italy, and I long to get that feeling and sound again, meaning that you are about to get full fun out of your v 11.

have fun, ciao

80961[/snapback]

I live to scrape my sidestand it means I am on the edge and like you cant wait to do it again

Keep It Up

Paul

:race:

I have rubbed the forward part of the stand also, buggered the bolt head that keeps the bike from running with the stand deployed.

With the stock cans , the leading edge of the can would touch first on the right side. I haven't touched anything on the right since changing to the Mistrals. The last time I was over that far to the right the traction went away and the whole right side touched down.

From Parks' book I recall he proposes shifting the weight well to the inside in order to hold the bike up straighter in the corner. This and his advice to make a quick, brief and early turn-in should be good technique to keep the hard parts off the tarmac. :thumbsup:

Gill, Did you glue your mystery object back on? The lack of the rubber bit is the reason mine doesn't ground despite being on out the box suspension settings and a sylphlike 250lbs plus kit. (aided by wussy cornering also)

80860[/snapback]

Yeah, I put mine back on Martin. I just don't ride the Le Mans so hard that I scrape the body parts. :huh2:

I put my wife on back and went out and ground the side stand down until it didn't touch. Now when I go out by myself I don't scrape anymore. The best part was she held on real tight, fun for both!!!

I put my wife on back and went out and ground the side stand down until it didn't touch. Now when I go out by myself I don't scrape anymore. The best part was she held on real tight, fun for both!!!

81274[/snapback]

My wife doesn't go on the back for medical reasons. My kidneys can't take the punching :)