South'n Spine Raid

docc

Warning to all who will attend!!! I cannot find Grappa anywhere near here. Be sure you bring it with you. I'm having trouble finding anyone who even knows what it is.

Scott :bier:

81467[/snapback]

Fear not. Grappa will be there. Atlanta vacuums in many respects, but one can find grappa. I'll be in San Francisco this weekend, and will see if anything different is out there. May even bring something to Sweetwater fresh from our June tip to Bassano della Grappa, Treviso, etc. :drink:

OBTW, yes, you will (eventually) get the tee; keep forgetting ... along with "where are my @#$%^& keys, glasses," etc. Sorry. :blush:

Bill

You got a ceement pond there?

81475[/snapback]

In spades. We have the Tennessee Valley Authority who has provided us with an elaborate network of turbine ceement ponds which provide fun, recreation and about 2/100 of one percent of our electricity.

"The Dragon" ( Deal's Gap) is surrounded by the Cheoha Dam at it's head and the Calderwood at the tail. On our way to the North Georgia mountains we'll pass the Ocoee River where the white water kayaking for the Atlanta Summer Olympics was held. Weird when they divert the stream into a flume to generate leaving the stream bed a trench full of boulders and puddles.

Certainly one of the finest uses of ceement ever devised. :D

• 3 months later...

Just a heads-up for any of you within striking distance of the TN-NC-GA mountains to check in on the South'n Spine Raid thread in "Meetings, Clubs & Events" and plan to be in Sweetwater , Tennessee , in about a month.

I can't wait to hear all those V11s warming up in the parking lot in the mountain air!