What did you do today?

Admin Jaap

Went for a ride on 850. Rain got heavier. Mist got mistier. Ten year old tyres remained slithery.

Hand locked into heavy throttle-spring claw. But enjoyed it more than fretting over V.11 hot performance mods.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never fret over V11 performance mods [pause while steam-driven, gear crunching PC takes me to the appropriate thread]. I just accept that my V11 has less than it looks and sounds. There are compensations: it seems to be just as dangerous at 100mph as most sportsbikes are at 160.

Today I stuck my sharpest oyster knife just about clean through my left hand - almost spoiled my lunch. Happily, there were only two left to do so, cruelly, I let Serge exercise himself trying to open them.

Today I stuck my sharpest oyster knife just about clean through my left hand - almost spoiled my lunch.

83758[/snapback]

A cloud over the Elysian pastorale. Hehehee.

A temporary set-back, I'm sure.

Guest aironepony
Today I stuck my sharpest oyster knife just about clean through my left hand - almost spoiled my lunch. Happily, there were only two left to do so, cruelly, I let Serge exercise himself trying to open them.

83758[/snapback]

"I will not eat oysters. I want my food dead -- not sick, not wounded -- dead".

..............Woody Allen

................... :thumbsup:

Dead oysters = dead diner. They should be blowing bubbles as you cut through the muscle, twitch when you add lemon juice or chilli juice and they should squeak on the first mastication.

Occasionally the knife takes their side, though. Wimps use one with a protective guard; not I, of the wounded hand.

Today I dragged my carcass off the floor. It had been there 2 days while I waited for the muscles in my back to stop screaming at me.

Saturday was a bad day. Got an early morning start on Guzzi maintenance. Got her up on the stand gave her a stability shake. Placed 5mm allen in valve cover bolt. twisted slightly.... off the stand she comes!! :doh:

Luckily the Ducati broke her fall. :o

In a matter of a couple of seconds, both my main rides were taken out.

Tore the hell out of my lower back trying to separate them. Finally was able to get the engine hoist out of the shed and get them back on their feet.

Let the parts search begin.

fak.

Rj

Guest Britcheflee

Sunday - Went to work to set up live action buffet (this week Asian night) - cooked Thai chicken soup, fried rice (lots of it) chow mein, and a ton of other stuff.

Monday - still working on my 5 week shower project - 4 weeks of which were wasted when the special order shower base turned out to be the wrong size and had to be sent back- just spent a dusty day cutting and installing Hardy backer board - just about done - next stage tiling.

Would much rather be riding but weather is still iffy and shower MUST be completed asap.....really want a beer but going to a business owners meeting this evening.

Lee

post-1974-1143507164_thumb.jpg

Guest aironepony

Today.....I'm off to Bergamo to see Angelo Tadini, then on to Mandello for a couple of nights at Al Verde. I'll have a good rummage at Agostini's, Vallassi and Stucchi for various Guzzi bits.

Then I'm off to Reggio Emilia, that HUGE autojumble, to get some of the more elusive Guzzi bits, and I might even find some more Guzzi scrap metal to restore...who knows...................... :thumbsup: