What did you do today?

Admin Jaap

Just got back- we camped in a field next to the Old Hill Inn which is situated between 2 peaks, Ingleborough and Whernside. The scenery was fantastic and we had a great time, even though it was very wet and windy.

One guy brought his mandolin, another his guitar so we had a good sing song in the pub and basically got hammered on Black Sheep bitter, as you do.

I was woken up halfway through the night by the sound of the guy in the tent next door vomiting very loudly- unfortunately he did not unzip his tent in time. Bit messy.

Bucketed down with rain most of the way back, but still enjoyed the ride which included a brekky stop in Otley. My friend's LMV turned into a Falcone on the way back, rain affecting the coils making it run on one cylinder.

Beats sitting on the sofa- now off to clean the Jetski.

Guy :helmet:

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rosso mandello

I took a short spin on my Rosso, the weather was no good, infact i caught some rain, but after my x-over modifikation it pulls like hell and never seems to stop. From 6000 rpm the fun begins.

This will defenetly be a good summer

ciao

Raced a couple of 10 year olds up the bell tower of Durham Cathedral on Saturday, then spent 20 minutes try not to puke off the top. Told them it was because I was dizzy from the spiral staircases.......

Took a Norwegian friend photographing in party city Newcastle on Saturday night. Only got propositioned twice 8-(

Spent Sunday watching the rain come down.

Woke up at 5.45am at my Mum's house in Hampshire where I have been staying the weekend.

On the road for 6.10am- home 250 miles later at 9.30am.

Only incident caused by a deer that ran out in front of me in a leafy lane.

Bloody cold on the bike but nice to be up and home before the cars hit the road.

Guy :helmet:

Woke up at 5.45am at my Mum's house in Hampshire where I have been staying the weekend.

On the road for 6.10am- home 250 miles later at 9.30am.

Only incident caused by a deer that ran out in front of me in a leafy lane.

Bloody cold on the bike but nice to be up and home before the cars hit the road.

Guy  :helmet:

85541[/snapback]

That's good going!

I spent most of yesterday test flying a bell 214. Main rotor vibration problem so it was start up, hover for 3 minutes, land and shut down. Twenty minutes later it was do it all again. Quite boring really so I took some Centauro parts with me and had them cleaned and bead blasted to be ready for painting!!

Today we will be working on the forward flight program which culminates in a high speed, low pass of the hangar at about 175 mph. Not at all boring!!

Spring is here in Ohio! I put the Pirelli Diablo Strada on the rear to match the front. I also greased all the driveshaft zerks & went for a ride. The Strada's work very fine with my v11. It gets a little wobbly over 100mph so I turned up the steering damper & that solved the wobble. With the damper turned up the bike handles higher speed turns very well. Maybe I'll check the valves later this week. :luigi: If the bogo deal is still going on for the Pirelli's I can say its definitlely worth it.

• 1 year later...

The acceptable face of Hertfordshire Constabulary as my gut is hidden behind the monitor :D

At least you weren't rubbing guts!!

All I did today was spread bark mulch in the flower beds and test fly a Bell 206 JetRanger. I can say that spreading bark mulch can be a Royal Pain in the Ar$e but the 206 was fun!!

Fairly busy day for me. Started with test for Mechanical basics ( one of the finals) Passed that, did pritty well too. After that had a job interview at the local Guzzi dealer. Unfortunitly I had to turn it down cause I'm goin on a six week ride startin in June. Then I had to go rewire a '73 V7 Sport. :thumbsup: Mission accomplished.

Ciao

Z

I put on my black gown, my hood and my mortarboard and walked out of a beautiful, mid '70s (23 C) sunshining day into the bleak and unpleasant University of Iowa Graduate College commencement ceremonies. I sat in an god-danged hot, humid arena with a bunch of overeducated sorts who babbled senslessly about 'future of this' and 'leadership for that' for three hours, crammed into a tiny folding chair without enough room to even breath, not that it mattered because the stupid acetate gown I was wearing doesn't breath- AT ALL. I think I lost 2 or 3 pounds (about a kilo). On the up side, I graduated three students as newly minted doctors (Ph.D., Chemistry), and I got to hood them myself. All in all, a good day. I'll post pictures when I get some.

Just finished a short test ride (about 100 kms) to check if everything is allright for my week in Scotland.

Verdict: runs like a dream! :notworthy:

Now I'm going to gather some stuff I need for the trip and then it's off to my mum. Yes, it's Mother's Day guys!