What did you do today?

Admin Jaap

Today I dragged my carcass off the floor.  It had been there 2 days while I waited for the muscles in my back to stop screaming at me.

Saturday was a bad day.  Got an early morning start on Guzzi maintenance.  Got her up on the stand gave her a stability shake. Placed 5mm allen in valve cover bolt.  twisted slightly....  off the stand she comes!!  :doh:

Luckily the Ducati broke her fall.  :o

In a matter of a couple of seconds, both my main rides were taken out.

Tore the hell out of my lower back trying to separate them.  Finally was able to get the engine hoist out of the shed and get them back on their feet.

Let the parts search begin.

fak.

Rj

83959[/snapback]

Bugger! Sorry to hear that. My friend had an RC51 come off the bench a while back and it had just been running so he got 3rd degree burns on his arms trying to save it. 2 grand worth of parts out of his pocket for the customers bike.

PM me with your parts list. I can scrape up a few bits in my garage.

Maybe see you at Cafe Calabria?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:blush: was going to test ride with new motodry soft bags installed before easter run. but dark side scura rider turned up..pulled off bags and went for ride up river 120 kays of twisties..and a refreshing cold beer. :thumbsup: ''good thrash''

Just packed for our first camping trip of the year in the Dales. Woken this morning by thunder, lightning, torrential rain, hailstones and a gale force wind.

Thought about going in the car but then thought, sod it, its only water.

Should dry out later I hope.

Packed some spare tent poles in case the wind snaps the existing ones.

Must get going.

Guy :helmet:

Just packed for our first camping trip of the year in the Dales. Woken this morning by thunder, lightning, torrential rain, hailstones and a gale force wind.

Must get going.

Guy  :helmet:

84567[/snapback]

Fair play to you Guy. Floods in the fields, rivers are up, that's serious camping. Take plenty of anasthetic in the pub tonight you'll be ok.

Must get going.

Guy  :helmet:

84567[/snapback]

I think you'll have found that it hasn't dried out later. Hailstones here.

:(

Today,I got drunk. The whole day.I spent the afternoon playing cd's and drinking anything that came to hand.Aint life just fu*king great,sometimes :P

84621[/snapback]

Big J your a man after my own heart. :drink:

I spent the day looking after Catalina. She got her first set of vaccinations yesterday, and man, do those things put a crimp in her tiny lifestyle. Sadly, this means no riding for me. Happily, I can sit around and listen to some music. Mmmm, music and squalling. I bought the latest offering from Van Morrison which is a collection of Country/Western songs. I even got it on vinyl! It's not very country, and it's still Van the Man. :thumbsup:

Well, back to the kid...

vaccinations are the devil's work.

offering from Van

84651[/snapback]

just happen to be listening to it at this very minute.

The cosmic synchronicity of V.11World

You aren't watching Howl's Moving Castle as well, by any chance?

spent most of day in f1 seat. australian grand prix.had no real problem with traction nor engine performance. but had to be very patient through several safety car restarts, track temp fine 28-32 c no rain. only problem being dog pushing for position in my reclining chair. 2.4 litre v8 and 19000 rpm thats heavy for dodgem cars. :rasta: