Film Star help needed

belfastguzzi

I've been asked by the newspaper to do the next "if I could star in a movie..." section in their weekend 'lifestyle' supplement.

While I thought of Bob Dylan in Renaldo and Clara, or Jimi Hendrix in Woodstock – I don't think that they are the sort of movies that the paper is wanting.

I've just watched Easy Rider again, after 35 years or so and to be honest, it's slightly on the diabolical side of whimsy. Anyway, I wouldn't want Jack Nicholson riding pillion.

Motorcycle Diaries – Ché and picturesque landscape – no, there must be something else. Trouble is, I'm no movie buff. What would be a good film to star in? Help!

- ahh, yes maybe that's it!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd want to be Billy Bob Thornton in "Monster's Ball" just to ride the sofa with Halle Berry. mmmmmm... Halle...

For you, I think you'd enjoy playing H.S. Thompson's lawyer (Benicio Del Toro) in "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas". He just gets incredibly wasted for the entire movie.

:bier:

Rj

I've considered Tarka the Otter, but moved on now. To be honest, I'm thinking of writing one of my own.

Too bad there are no Motorcycle Moth movies!!

Little Foss or Big Halsey?

You could play David Essex's part in Silver Dream Racer!!

Wait!! I have it now!! You can be the Girl on a Motorcycle!

81665[/snapback]

Candy Floss or Big Harley – never heard of 'em.

Yeah, I considered Barry Sheene's part in Siver Dream Racer.

Badmotogirly: that role's alredy been taken by a fellow forum member.

As for the penguin, I wondered who would be first to mention that, though I had a pretty good idea

Guest redguzziv10

Aw come on, it can onlt be one of two choices.

Steve McQueen in The Great Escape

or

Arnie Salt'n'Pepper in Terminator

Guest aironepony

There is something that you might consider.....

No Limit

Starring George Formby and Florence Desmond

Directed by Monty Banks

You might well be just the man to play "Our George" in NO LIMIT. I can see you astride the Shuttleworth Snap............ :thumbsup:

post-1243-1141982597_thumb.jpgpost-1243-1141982638_thumb.jpgpost-1243-1141982694_thumb.jpgpost-1243-1141982727_thumb.jpg

How about another remake of "Cyrano de Bergerac" I know there's been "Roxanne" and "The truth about Cats and Dogs" but I can see niche market you could exploit.

The basic plot would be the motorcyclist (played by yourself) whose torn between two motorcycles say for example a flash modern Japanese sports twin (such as an RC51) and a more subtle quirky Italian motorcycle whose strengths are perhaps not obvious to all (such as a V11).

Whilst you could film this in Belfast I think to appeal to the American market you would need to set it in the North West USA, perhaps you could pass Belfast off for Seattle if you drape a Boeing logo over Shorts' factory gates.

You mustn't forget the bit at the end about bearing no relation to real or frictional (sic) characters. :)

And to appeal to the other sort of Japanese twin fanciers perhaps at the end the V11 could introduce you to her sisters and you could ride them all.

You seem to be asking about a fim star.

I don't know what a fim star is , so I'll guess you mean fin star. That leaves....

Flipper! or

Willie! ( as in free...) or

Jaws!

My bet's on Flipper though.