What's the BFG's new old bike

Guest aironepony

Le Mans Mk2..................... :thumbsup:

OR........a BFGpost-1243-1142336009_thumb.jpg

BFG is derived from the initiators, Louis Boccardo, Dominique Favario and Thierry Grange The concept for the motorcycle is done late 1977 / early 1978 following a compitition that involves getting a car engine into a bike. Early 1981, Louis Boccardo starts builting the first motorcycles. The first bikes are sold in February 1982. The french Gendamerie buys a few hundred bikes. Near the end of 1983 when about 400 bikes have been built, BFG has (financial) problems. MBK buys BFG for 1 franc and continues the production. More then 150 bikes are built under MBK leadership. (English as spoken in France!!!)

Technical info

Engine

Citroën G-type 1299cc

4 horizontally opposed air cooled cylinders

Power: 70 bhp @ 5500 rpm

Torque: 100 Nm @ 3250 rpm

Ignition: Fully electronical, as fitted to Japanese export G's.

Instrumentation: derived from Renault 5 Alpine

Headlight: Renault 16

Ok then....this it it

chariot.jpg

...................... :thumbsup:

82057[/snapback]

I was looking at a picture of that contraption a short while ago, but no, I din't buy it.

Le Mans Mk2..................... :thumbsup:

OR........a BFGbfg_02.jpg

BFG is derived from the initiators, Louis Boccardo, Dominique Favario and Thierry Grange The concept for the motorcycle is done late 1977 / early 1978 following a compitition that involves getting a car engine into a bike. Early 1981, Louis Boccardo starts builting the first motorcycles. The first bikes are sold in February 1982. The french Gendamerie buys a few hundred bikes. Near the end of 1983 when about 400 bikes have been built, BFG has (financial) problems. MBK buys BFG for 1 franc and continues the production. More then 150 bikes are built under MBK leadership. (English as spoken in France!!!)

Technical info

Engine

Citroën G-type 1299cc

4 horizontally opposed air cooled cylinders

Power: 70 bhp @ 5500 rpm

Torque: 100 Nm @ 3250 rpm

Ignition: Fully electronical, as fitted to Japanese export G's.

Instrumentation: derived from Renault 5 Alpine

Headlight: Renault 16

82065[/snapback]

Somewhere, amongst all that rubbish, you were possibly getting close. But really, I couldn't possibly comment, as I'm still waiting for confirmation that I can have the point if I give the correct answer.

It's a Le mans mk1.......... :thumbsup:

82142[/snapback]

If only.

Can someone tell me if I get the point if I beat hairypony to the correct answer. Quickly please. Time is running out!

If only.

Can someone tell me if I get the point if I beat hairypony to the correct answer. Quickly please. Time is running out!

82163[/snapback]

No-one's going to give you a quiz point for remembering what you bought: get over it, and tell us what you've got .

Jaap, if he gets a point for this, I want one for remembering my password.

....No-one's going to give you a quiz point for remembering what you bought: ...

...if only I had points to give! If BFG's memory's anything like mine he's worth the point....except I just noticed there's a late entry snuck in to deliver the coup de grace - like shootin fish in a barrel eh Mike! - hope you can sleep easily knowing how much that point meant to Belfast. Give the point to BFG for loyalty to the breed! :mg:

KB :sun:

...if only I had points to give! If BFG's memory's anything like mine he's worth the point....except I just noticed there's a late entry snuck in to deliver the coup de grace - like shootin fish in a barrel eh Mike! - hope you can sleep easily knowing how much that point meant to Belfast. Give the point to BFG for loyalty to the breed!  :mg:

KB :sun:

82197[/snapback]

It was an honest guess. Does everyone else know what he's got?

Guest aironepony

This is it...........................

post-1243-1142456846_thumb.jpg

or it should be.........even if it's not.

.............Swiss cows have bells round their necks because their horns don't work..

............. :thumbsup:

I can confirm that the correct answer has now been given, unfortunately not by me.

(What was the question?)