Guzzi Sport Exhaust

Guest Buddy

Guest teros1

Update on the Guzzi pipes (and K&N pods):

I'm now convinced that power is up across the band. I think that the "hole" at 4K RPM has been largely filled in, but torque goes flat around 5,500-6K, then comes back on at the very top. It feels like actual torque peak is up near redline (a good thing for generating max HP!).

How's that for detail without a dyno? :lol:

Also, I lied -- after today's ride, I postponed my PC-III purchase. The bike carburates very well, with minimal snatchiness and the ability to pull hard and clean from 3K in 6th. I'm getting 35+ MPG in mixed riding (canyons + 80 MPH freeway), so it can't be running that rich (can it?).

Answers to questions:

1. The hanger strap looks cheap (and doesn't even fit precisely), but I think that it and the rubber strips will hold up OK. Not that I care -- I intend to replace ASAP.

2. I've already cleaned up the wiring and stuff a bit, but I still have more to do.

3. I lived on Lake Merritt in Oakland from 99-02, but now live in Santa Clara. I still prefer East Bay's roads!

4. Pix to follow as soon as I can coerce "mom" into downloading them from her camera!

Best,

Bob

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great Bob. I am in San Jose, down by the Arena(Park/Race St) and work up at Cisco Systems in Santa Clara. We shoud get together for a ride some weekend and you can show me some of those "East Bay Roads"... although I am no canyon scratcher. I take a slightly more leisurely, yet sporting, pace :)

...that is, when I have a bike again :rolleyes:

al

P.S.

Hey Bob, can you email me some of your photos? I want to look closer at the work you've had done, especially the K&N mods. al_roethlisberger@yahoo.com

Guest scottd132

Just an update, glad to see the pics off the Rossa and hear it runs great. Just spoke to Guzzi in GA and they are as nice as I could ever wish. They really want to get my bike running well.

She said the MGS01 should happen and she said she could sell a spy file on it and make a lot of money :D

So hopefully my 2001 V11 sport CF with the Ti exhasut will be looked after and I can add a 2003 CA Titanium to the gargage. Cool bike but wished it had the 6 speed and higher HP motor.

As soon as it is blessed I will post a pic, my girlfriend road with me yesterday and said the new peg position is not that different, but then she is 5'1" and a former Gymnast. :thumbsup:

Scott in Seattle :mg:

• 8 months later...
Guest dkgross

nuthin' like dredging up an old thread :helmet:

after waiting WAY to long for Mistrals to arrive (they haven't), I'm going for the Guzzi cans/ecu/stucci combo. The addition of the new ecu to my PCIII should help me really dial the bike in. Should have it done by the end of Feb... The upswept look doesn't bother me at all.

so..the main thing I wanted with the Mistrals was the carbon fiber look..I love the 'black' look of the stock cans...sooooo....can I do a poweder coating kinda thing to the cans to make them a satin black color????????

anyone with any photos??? :pic:

Lemme know what you decide to do with your stock ECU once you make the change.

I may want to buy it from you if you want to let it go. I need to send an ECU off to TLM for ignition remap, but don't necessarily want to send my only ECU off for several weeks :P

I missed one on eBay for $50 the other day... dangit <_>

al

so..the main thing I wanted with the Mistrals was the carbon fiber look..I love the 'black' look of the stock cans...sooooo....can I do a poweder coating kinda thing to the cans to make them a satin black color????????

Although I personally think it's a shame to powder coat the Ti cans you could check a muffler manufacturer if he can fit a CF cover over the Ti cans. That's way better looking.

Or better: go for TX's cans!

Guest dkgross

ohhh...grrrreeeeaaattttt. NOW I find a nice pair of used ones for less than half the cost of the new ones...and after I've been convinced that my bike will run better with the Guzzi cans and the new ECU..

I'm gonna have to really think about this one. I don't really like the round ones as much as the ovals, and I love the idea of the new ECU. Is there a market for my stock cans so I can recoup a LITTLE $?

crap. :angry: