Source for manhole cover tool

rower307

I found a manhole cover tool that works perfectly at ZDMAK tools. Costs $12.50 plus shipping. It's a 27mm male hex socket with a that uses a 3/8" drive socket handle. It's about an inch long, well made and lightweight. ZDMAK part number is VA6011. Originally used for Volkswagen & Audi repairs. Run a google on ZDMAK, do a search on VA6011 and you're there...Hope this saves folks a lot of the searching I had to do. :luigi:

Guest ratchethack

If pretty ain't yer top priority, I found a tool that works perfectly at my local welder for $3 (or was it $2)?

It's a 27 mm nut tack-welded to 12" of steel strap. -_-

For a fella like me, it's all about bein purty! :grin:

Seriously, though, the tool is most useful -- I think it costs $50 or so -- and it has the additional advantage of a tool which makes removing the oil filter a snap.

Skimp on something else and order the tool from mgcycle.com.

• 3 months later...

looks like you can now order this tool directly from ZDMAK for $21.99 including shipping, complete with guzzi-specific marketing

http://www.toolss.com/

search for VA6011

VWUS4463SS.jpg

Hex Socket 27mm with 3/8" Drive - Special Tool 27mm hex Moto Guzzi V-11 Sport, model year 2000 requires a 27mm male hex socket to remove the oil filter cover in the oil pan (commonly called the manhole cover). Guzzi is no longer selling the tool, and it was very expensive. Many owners are using a large bolt with a head that will fit into the 27mm opening, either by cutting most of it off and welding a handle to it, or double-nutting it and using a wrench. This tool works perfectly. Older ones required oil pan removal to get at the filter. They then introduced the "manhole" cover, during the 90s. Some current models may need the tool. Rare and hard to find tool for moto guzzi repairs

If pretty ain't yer top priority, I found a tool that works perfectly at my local welder for $3 (or was it $2)?

It's a 27 mm nut tack-welded to 12" of steel strap. -_-

83572[/snapback]

I'm even more miserable that this. I use the rear axle nut. :bier:

I bought the beautiful billet tool from my Guzzi dealer but it came with out the hex side and is only for the filter. So , I had to have one of these as I'm tired of the axle nut solution.

But, now I see THIS POST. Could it be so simple? None of us have seen this before? :homer:

I checked my tool kit on the 2000 Sport. The spark plug wrench doesn't have the hex key on its backside.

94923[/snapback]

See! I thought there would be different kits. I bought my bike new off the floor 2 yrs after manufacture year. It had no kit when sold but they grabbed one off a new bike and ordered another one for that one. Maybe I have a kit from a 2003-2004 model :huh2:

Rj