Skinny tyres for older bikes?

belfastguzzi

...Lasertec, in the picture above, seems to be upgraded replacement for these.....

Front tread pattern looks v similar to old ME33. Rear is v different pattern to old ME99. They were good tyres, I'll bet the new ones'll be good too :thumbsup: Do you know what the equivalent Pirelli is?

KB :sun:

Front tread pattern looks v similar to old ME33. Rear is v different pattern to old ME99. They were good tyres, I'll bet the new ones'll be good too :thumbsup: Do you know what the equivalent Pirelli is?

84364[/snapback]

New ones different construction and better rubbery stuff. Better performance, braking etc.

Pirellis would be the Sport Demons

11600483_Sport_Demon_Front.gif

available in V & H ratings

100/90-18M/CTL 56H SPORDF

100/90-18M/CTL 56v SPORDF

and

11600485_Sport_Demon.gif

110/90-18M/CTL 61H SPORTD

110/80-18M/CTL 58H SPORTD

120/80-18M/CTL 62H SPORTD

120/90-18M/CTL 65V SPORTDC

I wonder do the manufacturers list 120s as the size for LM l, ll and lll because they've got the higher speed rating? All the 110s seem to be H.

As if.....

lasertec_pr.jpg> The new Metzeler Lasertec is a complete range of sport touring cross-ply tyres designed for current mid-sized motorcycles and popular bikes from the 1980's onwards. Lasertec features the latest technology in tyre casing and tread compounds, with the proven tread designs of the renowned ME 33/55.

Cross Ply Construction: Using state of the art polyester fibres to reduce weight, the diagonal casing construction significantly improves self-damping and handling characteristics.

New Compound: An exceptionally high silica content with highly-active carbon ensures excellent grip on both wet and dry surfaces without sacrificing mileage.

Classic Tread Design: Extensive testing by Metzeler technicians concluded that the ME33/55 parabolic arrow patterns offered the best possible solution, combining optimal water dispersion with excellent lateral tread stability.

Metzeler Lasertec will simplify the range for both dealers and customers and replace all sizes previously offered in ME33, ME55A, ME330, ME550, ME99A and ME1 patterns.

lasertec_pr.jpg> The new Metzeler Lasertec is a complete range of sport touring cross-ply tyres designed for current mid-sized motorcycles and popular bikes from the 1980's onwards.  Lasertec features the latest technology in tyre casing and tread compounds, with the proven tread designs of the renowned ME 33/55.

Cross Ply Construction: Using state of the art polyester fibres to reduce weight, the diagonal casing construction significantly improves self-damping and handling characteristics.

New Compound: An exceptionally high silica content with highly-active carbon ensures excellent grip on both wet and dry surfaces without sacrificing mileage.

Classic Tread Design: Extensive testing by Metzeler technicians concluded that the ME33/55 parabolic arrow patterns offered the best possible solution, combining optimal water dispersion with excellent lateral tread stability.

Metzeler Lasertec will simplify the range for both dealers and customers and replace all sizes previously offered in ME33, ME55A, ME330, ME550, ME99A and ME1 patterns.

84370[/snapback]

Have you just become an agent?

I found the stock size 100 front 110 rear handled better than the 120 on the rear. For tires I have had good luck with Avons, great tire, feel very stable and excellent mileage.

waspp

• 2 weeks later...

Well – 110s seem to be scarcer than hen's teeth. I ordered one but they weren't even available at the store in England. It's coming from the factory, with no definite delivery date. There's been no sign of it, so I'm afraid that I went ahead and took the 120 today.

As for location of the factory...I see that the Metzeler says Made in Brazil on it.

...There's been no sign of it, so I'm afraid that I went ahead and took the 120 today....

Ah well, least you'll have somethin you can look forward to improving! I'm surprised 110's are that hard to get, but least you'll have it on the road, & 120 is not gonna ruin it, in fact some people prefer the slower handling.

Ah well, least you'll have somethin you can look forward to improving! I'm surprised 110's are that hard to get, but least you'll have it on the road, & 120 is not gonna ruin it, in fact some people prefer the slower handling. 

85532[/snapback]

"Old style" tyres have been difficult to get hold of for a few years. I always have to order tyres for my small block machine; they are never in stock. If it's not lowprofilestickyrubberlatestname, it is time to think ahead for when you will need the next one.

m