New wheels?

Bbennett

They have translated it in English themselves:

in collaboration announce a great world wide NEWS, available soon!

The first series of Spoked Wheels for Moto Guzzi for TUBELESS tires!!!

Hub and rim made in aluminum alloy, stainless steel spokes.

- EASY INTERCHANGING

- SAFETY

- DRIVING PERFORMANCE

- UNBELIEVABLE LOOK

We will communicate prices and availability very soon.

More info on innovative Tubeless A-System on Alpina website or contact us.

Very interesting stuff.

They have translated it in English themselves:

Very interesting stuff.

84564[/snapback]

Interesting indeed. Very cool. I wonder what they weigh. I just changed my tires for the first time and was surprised at how heavy the stock LeMans rims are. Sure would be a great place to lose a few pounds.

Guest drknow

Nice stuff !!! Do they do business with folks in the USA ?

I would like to know what these spoked wheels weigh as well, if anyone finds out, please post.

dk

I see what appear to be new Alpina wheels on the Rossopuro website

See http://www.rossopuroitalia.it/start.htm

Can someone read the Italian and let us know if they have ones that will work on a V11?

Apologies if this is not "new" topic

Bob

84517[/snapback]

I forwarded the thread to Paolo@Rossopuro about the interest in the wheels and the other items. Here is his response to me:

... The spoked wheels kit is made to fit the V11 without any modification. I don't know at the moment the exact weight and final price, because Alpina is still working to the prototype, but the weight save is considerable. The wheels have a very nice retrò look, they allow to install tubeless tires and are perfectly interchanging with the stock wheels.

As soon as possible I will update the website with more infos.

Thank you

Paolo D'Alcini - Rossopuro

info@rossopuroitalia.it

An interesting end run around BMW's patent on tubeless spoked rims. Dunno how thrilled I am about them only being cross-2 lacing [0], but I guess by the [very visibly!] stout spokes they're using, that it should be enough.

The advantage that spokers have always had has been their significantly lighter weight vs. cast/forged "mag" [1] wheels.

From the looks of it, the spokes amount to some really looong grade 8 allen head bolts! :P Still, it seems that they still need to seal the "nipple" where it meets the rim, so in that regard, I'm not too certain it compares all that favorably in comparison to taking a standard spoker & sealing the nipples w/ gorilla snot before mounting the tire. [2]

Despite what may come across as negativity, I must admit that they sure look sweet!

Ride on!

:mg:

[0] Which is only pertinent in comparison to a traditional spoker with x3 or even x4 lacing; in all, the ability to run tubeless tires is worth giving up some of the greater resistance to "chipping" that the extra crosses provide. :bike: At least it's better than the x0 :o widow-makers that some Harley sparkley-bit manufacturer was turning out a few years ago! :moon:

[1] Which are only very rarely made of magnesium anymore! Such are the vagaries of this language we call "English" ;)

[2] Which if you're running a CA, Stone, or other Tonti w/ spokes & tube-tires, you should do anyway as cheap insurance in event of a blowout; it's an old trick to make the failure mode less catastrophic...

Gorilla Snot is 3M super whether adhesive that is yellow and hard to apply. It is thick stringy and looks like, well, yellow Gorilla Snot. We also call it the tube of death because many techs use it to glue gaskets into place with it. Once glued it is a Bit*h to get off.

I mount my own tires at my work (Chevy dealer) and I have thought about making my Jackal wheels tubeless by going to: http://www.wheel-works.com/ , $59.00 per wheel to turn your tubed wire wheels into tubeless. Less weight, no worries about flat repairs (can plug tubeless tires on the road). Well, after mounting many tubeless tires (can be a pain in the arse) to brake the tubeless tire bead and then dismounting the tubed tires on the Jackal, what I do not trust is that the tire to rim interference is not too great. Meaning that the tubeless tire fits rather loose on the tubed rim. If you do get a flat, I worry about the tire losing all it's air and the tire coming loose from the rim. Humm, rim hits pavement then so does the rider.

Just my thoughs after two Martini's,

Mike

What is Gorilla Snot?

85488[/snapback]

Just my thoughs after two Martini's,

Mike

85507[/snapback]

:bier:

So, Gorilla snot is basically the same thing as elephant snot...just a smaller container :lol:

Actually I thought Elephant snot was any gasket sealant.

...And these Alpina wheels could work nicely because they should be lighter than the Guzzi Behr Tubeless and safer than the converted from tube type wheels.

If the Alpina are anywhere near as light and inexpensive as the OZ wheels, they will move to the top of my wish list, but just under the Ohlins or HyperPro shock.

I don't know what the weight of the spoked wheels are. The stock Jackal rims are steel and I would think any aluminum wheel would be lighter. :huh2: I am guessing at this. My Dymag wheels were quite a bit lighter than the stock wheels on my Rosso Corsa. The main savings of weight was in the bearings and cush drive assy. of the rear wheel.

Mike

:bier:

So, Gorilla snot is basically the same thing as elephant snot...just a smaller container :lol:

Actually I thought Elephant snot was any gasket sealant.

...And these Alpina wheels could work nicely because they should be lighter than the Guzzi Behr Tubeless and safer than the converted from tube type wheels.

If the Alpina are anywhere near as light and inexpensive as the OZ wheels, they will move to the top of my wish list, but just under the Ohlins or HyperPro shock.

85508[/snapback]