V11 Sport -> LeMans Conversion

Guest RonAikins

I rode my Rosso Corsa with no fairing for the first time yesterday when I was doing a shakedown run after the fitting of my FBF pistons (cheers for your help Mal! :bier: ).

Could not be bothered to put the fairing on because heads needed retorquing in the morning, so I went for a 25 mile ride over the local moors sans fairing, and I absolutely loved it the feel of the wind in my face.

Ok it was sunny and warm, so I may have got a bit carried away but I have decided that when funds allow, I will fit a V11 Sport type headlight and brackets and make mine into a naked- its much more fun. The V11 LM fairing is excellent at keeping the rain off but just a bit ugly IMHO.

Guy :helmet:

The V11 LM fairing is excellent at keeping the rain off but just a bit ugly IMHO.

Guy  :helmet:

87034[/snapback]

Quite agree with that..

That is why I went my own way with the LMII fairing conversion.

Nige. B)

Murray, how much $$ is enough for a Magni Fairing? (USD)

-Ron

86944[/snapback]

Lots some one was kicking around a figure of $1800 thats possibly AUD I can't remeber anymore, its carbon fibre comes painted the colour of the bike with alternative clip on's all the mounting brakets etc etc. Try www.magni.it hopefully they have a got a little more rapid at replying or give TLM a go they seemed to have a lot better sucess talking to them. Or the other thing to do is hit the unbiqutious E-bay someone somewhere might be trying to sell one.

I saw a post somewhere on the forum where somebody adapted a BMW R90S fairing to a V11 Sport. It really looked very nice. That might be an option. It would definately be cheaper. You can still buy the 90S fairings new. In fact I think Bobs BMW still stocks them.

I saw a post somewhere on the forum where somebody adapted a BMW R90S fairing to a V11 Sport. It really looked very nice. That might be an option. It would definately be cheaper. You can still buy the 90S fairings new. In fact I think Bobs BMW still stocks them.

87240[/snapback]

Isn't it Jason (JRT) who has a R90 flyscreen on his Goose?

Jason, where are you when we need you?

Yes it is. Check here

Søren

Edited by tikkanen

I've been kinda-sorta shopping for a used LeMans, but a Sport V11 with that outrageous green & low miles has reared its head. So... I'm wondering what it would take to make it into a LeMans. By this I'm really just asking what it takes to fit a LeMans fairing on it.

Thanks for any info,

Ron

86898[/snapback]

post-2463-1146119938.jpg