Cookstown 100

belfastguzzi

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smokeless :thumbsup:

88810[/snapback]

yes, I think I've seen bags of that at the garage. Looks quite lumpy – probably Chinese electricity.

Lower frequency throbby stuff,

88814[/snapback]

hmmm do you think that old fashioned volts work better than amps?

Stacks of bikes heading north through Dublin today for the North West 200.

Hey Belfast,is it on the telly up there,nothing down here.

Qualifying today I think,any info?

Stacks of bikes heading north through Dublin today for the North West 200.

Hey Belfast,is it on the telly up there,nothing down here.

Qualifying today I think,any info?

88949[/snapback]

There have been highlights of 2005, the past 2 nights.

Don't know about today. I'm still stuck in work. As usual at this time of year, I have to work this Saturday as well as the rest of the days & nights in the work so I won't get to see anything. :(

I really, really want to get to that new Bush Roadrace if at all possible. It might be the only one I can get to. What are you doing on 24th June? It's still a bad time for me, but I think I'll abandon all responsibilities and pressures, and leg it.

EDIT – you've made me look now :nerd:

There's live streaming on here. It's a bit, er, dark in the pits at the moment though.

Here, Bruce Anstey was on form today.

and McGuinness claims Superbike pole

John McGuinness will be in pole position on Saturday

The Morecambe man clocked 122.01mph with Bruce Anstey second on a Suzuki and Michael Rutter third for Honda.

Anstey was fastest in the 600cc and the Superstock classes, while Lisburn's Darran Lindsay topped the 250 category. Michael Wilcox from England was best in the 125 with William Dunlop fifth and his father Robert seventh.

There were several spills during practice but no serious injuries were reported.

Tuesday:

Michael Rutter clocked the quickest time in opening practice

Michael Rutter's domination of the Superbike class at the North-West 200 continued on Tuesday night as he set the pace in first practice.

The Englishman was quickest at 120.66mph with Bruce Anstey second, while Adrian Archibald was the best of the local riders in seventh.

New Zealander Anstey topped the Superstock times with Ian Hutchinson fastest in the 600 class.

Delays due to accidents meant there was no time for 125 and 250 practice.

Anstey clocked 120.21 in the Superbikes with Welshman Ian Lougher third at 119.87.

The Kiwi's 116.39 was just enough to pip Ray Porter in the Superstocks - Hutchinson was third with local rider Ryan Rainey fourth.

Hutchinson took top spot in the 600s with 114.61, ahead of Anstey, Lougher and Crumlin's Stephen Thompson.

Surprisingly, or not, Robert Dunlop is back after missing / retiring all last season due to (more) serious injuries and operation:

_39641549_robert203.jpg

Robert Dunlop, who holds the record number of wins with 14, makes a much anticipated return in the 125cc event, while his son William is making his way up the ranks.

In 2004 >

"This incoming season will be my last but I'd love another North West 200 and TT win before I quit," he said.

"With both my sons William and Michael in the game now, I think I will lean my experience towards them."

Dunlop has not yet finalised his machinery for the 2004 campaign.

He has ridden for the Newry-based Crossan Racing over the past five years but he is holding discussions with a number of other outfits.

Dunlop's brother Joey was killed in an accident at an event in Estonia in 2000.

Robert suffered a major accident in the Isle of Man in the mid-1990s and was forced to restrict his competition to the 125cc class after the crash.

I'm planning on a family holiday to take in the Ulster GP this year.

Only time I have evr been to Ireland was a day trip to the North West in 1994.

So i am looking forward to it.

Nige. B)

It's a date,big boy. Where is Bush? Near Belfast?

Nige,if you go to the NW 200 again,dont go telling the locals how much you like it "here in Ireland". You'll be strung up. :thumbsup::(

It's a date,big boy. Where is Bush? Near Belfast?

Nige,if you go to the NW 200 again,dont go telling the locals how much you like it "here in Ireland". You'll be strung up. :thumbsup:  :(

89082[/snapback]

Gotcha, Big J ;):thumbsup:

Nige. B)

This is driving me nuts. :race::race: I woke up to the sound of a constant stream of bikes heading north on the main road outside. On the way to work, bikes were coming from all directions. In work, again there's the continuing scream of multis heading up the carriageway. And I'm in the yard, trying to fit a dragon's tail into the back of a van. <_>

McGuinness squeaked through to pole yesterday. Big Mac, Rutter, Anstey?

Just looked it up on the map,Dungannon is the nearest big town. BFG, have you any info on the actual area the races are at. I couldn't find Bush(no, on the map :D ).

89134[/snapback]

Yes Dungannon. I've e-mailed to ask. It's bizzare – they have a website and sponsors and this and that – but don't say where the race is! It's fairly essential information :wacko:

Heard a few minutes of NW on radio this afternoon. They said it was the best in living memory. Oh well. I'll just have to wait for the highlights on t.v.

Steve Plater won the big bikes.

Robert Dunlop got an emotional success in the 125 :thumbsup:

That's absolutely fantastic. It would be hard to find a guy who earned it more than Robert.Spoke to him at the Ulster a couple of years ago.Hell of a nice guy,not like the short circuit prima donnas at all.F@ck it,I'm getting a drink or ten to celebrate. :drink: