Cookstown 100

belfastguzzi

Guy, Martin

and others with facilities...

Highlights of the first road race of the season are on BBC1 NI tonight at 11.15pm.

For Nogbad, 'The Pedant's Revolt' is on BBC4 at 9pm

Guy Martin :D

img_0170_2760.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, will record it as on earlies so might not stay up to watch it. Got Sky+ now (super prole tv - built in tivo) so won't have those embarrassing repeats of those recording cock ups I had trying to record that thing last time :homer:

Great racing!

Thanks again for the tip off, BFG!

Tandragee next week.  ;)

Nige.  B)

88559[/snapback]

How wide was that road – about 6 inches? Not enough room to swing a Quat.

Guest aironepony

I have heard of this new "Television" device. I won't catch on in my view. It will be a passing fad, just as telephonic communication has proven to be.

post-1243-1147159870_thumb.jpg

.................... :thumbsup:

The recording worked. Great spectacle hurtling down narrow minor country roads, the bunching and overtaking through the corners which are realy 'T' junctions, all to a backdrop of stone walls; fences; telegraph poles; banks and other fearsome objects. Normal roads with subsidence; overbanding and paint. Serious skill and nerve.

One queston why is called The Cookstown 100, the 100 bit? I'd assumed was a 100 miler or something but was 12x2.1 miles and in the past was 12x5.9 miles.

One queston why is called The Cookstown 100,

88660[/snapback]

Why is a V.11 called an 1100?

The early races seem to have been more than 80 miles long...

There is some decent video here. Streaming took a while to start, but it's not bad once it gets going. I watched the Victore Gilmore Cookstown 100 pt 5.

Edit:

Part 1 is pretty good too, start of race and full circuit. Now what? Part 2 perhaps?

...this new "Television" device.

88591[/snapback]

Hairyone, are you playing with electricity again? I hope that you are wearing your plastic flip-flops.

Guest aironepony
Hairyone, are you playing with electricity again? I hope that you are wearing your plastic flip-flops.

88683[/snapback]

Yes of course...I wear my special shock proof lucky shamrock flip flops whenever I engage in electrical experimentation............. :thumbsup:

post-1243-1147249521.jpg

:thumbsup: thanks bfg, awesome stuff,true road racing in it purest form.. :race:

Why is a V.11 called an 1100?

The early races seem to have been more than 80 miles long...

There is some decent video here. Streaming took a while to start, but it's not bad once it gets going. I watched the Victore Gilmore Cookstown 100 pt 5.

Edit:

Part 1 is pretty good too, start of race and full circuit. Now what? Part 2 perhaps?

88681[/snapback]

Yes of course...I wear my special shock proof lucky shamrock flip flops whenever I engage in electrical experimentation............. :thumbsup:

88710[/snapback]

What's the best sort of electricity to use in a Moto Guzzi anyway?