Top Posters In This Topic

Great racing!

Thanks again for the tip off, BFG!

Tandragee next week.  ;)

Nige.  B)

88559[/snapback]

Suddenly remembered

– it's on NOW

I had remembered and set the recorder so will watch it a leisure tomorrow. But was able to watch the stinkwheels and the Tandragee 100.

A bit of a slapper for Finnegan in the last race :o . It seemed a quicker circuit than the Cookstown?

I'm getting into this. The NW200 I think is on UTV which I'm not sure I can get, will have to scroll through all channels to check though :(

Just looked it up on the map,Dungannon is the nearest big town. BFG, have you any info on the actual area the races are at. I couldn't find Bush(no, on the map :D ).

89134[/snapback]

I've enquired at a couple of different sites about course map and directions – and have now received a reply from Bush. He's going to put a map and directions on the site this week.

bush_speech_2002.jpg

Hooray. Bush road map announced.

These guys are raving mad - full stop. Boy, am I impressed about their riding skills.

I remember scrolling through a Superbike mag a couple of years ago and they had an image of a guy named Ryan Farquahar (or something close to that).

Is he still in business? He showed some mean lean angle when entering corners - we are talking close to 60%. The image shown on Superbike was taken at the UGP as far as I recall.

Anybody know about his whereabouts?

TIA

Søren

These guys are raving mad - full stop. Boy, am I impressed about their riding skills.

I remember scrolling through a Superbike mag a couple of years ago and they had an image of a guy named Ryan Farquahar (or something close to that).

Is he still in business? He showed some mean lean angle when entering corners - we are talking close to 60%. The image shown on Superbike was taken at the UGP as far as I recall.

Anybody know about his whereabouts?

TIA

Søren

89469[/snapback]

See here.

He has had bad fortune. Not tragic, but sad news.

See here.

He has had bad fortune. Not tragic, but sad news.

89471[/snapback]

He was at the Trandragee with his neck collar on, having just come out of hospital. So may well be back. I think the commentator said he hoped to be back later in the season.

I've enquired at a couple of different sites about course map and directions – and have now received a reply from Bush. He's going to put a map and directions on the site this week.

89454[/snapback]

Map and directions now available. Here

:o holy smokes!! :o

They've just showed this race on the telly here in Saudi...

That's a "racetrack"??? It looks like some farm lane!!

Those blokes are kamikazes!

Great racing...wheelies galore and full open throttle followed by desperate attempts at braking.

Makes the Isle of Man seem like one of those new "safety tracks"

• 6 months later...

One queston why is called The Cookstown 100, the 100 bit? I'd assumed was a 100 miler or something but was 12x2.1 miles and in the past was 12x5.9 miles.

yes. the "100" does refer to distance. although began in the 1920s, it was not until 1930 that the handicap race at cookstown ran over 100 miles (14 laps of a 7.1 miles course).

http://www.cookstown100.co.uk/modules.php?...ticle&sid=3

Yes, IIRC the early Southern 100 races did involve a hundred miler too.

With the course only being less than five miles long though, they must have got dizzy :huh::grin:

They reduced the race distance quite early on, but the name stuck.

Nige. B)

• 7 months later...

TV time again for BB1 NI receivers

Monday night at 10.35

Mid Antrim Road Races

post-890-1186778666.jpg

post-890-1186778708.jpg

post-890-1186778643.jpg

Mid_U_5.jpg

Mid_U_7.jpg

Mid_u_8.jpg

Mid_u_10.jpg

Mid_u_15.jpg

Thanks for the heads up, BFG! :thumbsup:

Hope you're watching, G.Rider. Turn it on if you're not.

Injured Ryan Farquhar showing class in fierce riding on the ZX10R and ZX6R, winning against what looked like bigger Honda power.

Great wee circuit.

RYAN%20Farquhar%20SUPERBIKE.jpg

The Dunlops are tearing things up too. A win apiece for 3 of them.

Ulster Grand Prix next.

Big giant pic:

-home-u37520-public_html-pacemaker-temp-2004%20RYAN%20FARQUHAR%20BALLAUGH%201.jpg