An old V11 Lemans friend

Steve G.

Stopped by a local shop [Yamaha, Triumph] today to check out their big tire sale, and ran across an old V11Lemans guy Brian Robson, who was getting a new tire for the daily transport R1 he got after that unfortunate mechanical disruption of his Lemans. We had a good chat, and had great barrel laughs watching weekend cruiser warriors trying on the latest cruisomundo monstrosities, universally with white sneakers, undersize black beanie helmets, and too small $79 leather bombers.

Anyways, Brian is missing the old Mandello machines, and has his sites on a Griso if the opportunity ever presents itself at our location.

I miss Brian swapping jabs with the Rolling Crow, or whatever he used to call himself. Great entertainment.

Ciao, Steve G.

if I didn't have the sport I'd actually set my sites on the big breva, very comfy the griso just didn't fit me tho the looks are nicer. But heres to hoping nothing bad ever happens to my silver eagle(soon to be red) :bier:

Heh, I wonder what happened to Capt Nemo(Rolling Crow, et al)...

He also was flirting with a new R1 type bike about a year ago, and ditching his V11. He had a few runs on the race-repli bike, offered a review or two, then wasn't heard from again.

He used to talk to Greg quite a bit I think, so Greg may know what happened to him.

Al

Heh, I wonder what happened to Capt Nemo(Rolling Crow, et al)...

He also was flirting with a new R1 type bike about a year ago, and ditching his V11.  He had a few runs on the race-repli bike, offered a review or two, then wasn't heard from again.

He used to talk to Greg quite a bit I think, so Greg may know what happened to him.

Al

90702[/snapback]

Thanks Al I can repeat this post from April

It's a part of V11Lemans.com folklore. Only a few can remember those dark and terrifying days where the board was stalked by Captain Nemo armed with the fastest V11 in the American North Wet (sic) which empowered with it's Cobra exhaust and anti stealth paint could almost crack Mach 1 as recorded on its bicycle computer.

There were titanic struggles between Captain Nemo and the champion of moderation.

Eventually Captain Nemo was unmasked and his mild mannered alter ego Enzo came to the fore. Attempting to beguile as the voice of reason.

But Captain Nemo wasn't banished. He gathered his disciples about him on the Rolling Crows forum. He would make occasional return visits.

But all things change and Captain Nemo was enslaved by a monster a Honda RC51

he tried to tame and called "Krypto" and drifted even further away from the light.

This Krypto was so powerful and fast it could fold time.

But again things change and now the Rolling crows have been disbanded becoming the Dead Crows where they can talk about taking over the world through the subjugation of time itself.  Enzo the grandmaster is attempting to control time, regathering his disciples through the manufacture of watches. He still has interests in motorcycles though.

Our world is certainly different without him.

... I miss Brian swapping jabs with the Rolling Crow, or whatever he used to call himself. Great entertainment...

yeah...kind of a GOLDEN AGE...

my regards to mr. angry should he stop by

KB :sun:

He's had an epiphany, of sorts.

"Today was the first time I've had the Guzzi together for 6 months. Started right up. I've put on my newly ceramic-coated blue Cobra pipe with 12 more Supertrap discs.

God Almighty!! It is faster than ever. I mean Honda fast. I can say now in all honesty that my Guzzi is FASTER than my RC 51 in the quarter mile. And it is smoother now. The acceleration is so intense that it feels that the front wheel will come up even at 60 mph. Wow."

Pity that all he can see is speed.