tyre pressure

Guest john needham

Guest john needham

Hello

I am getting frustrated. I have tried to check and fill the tyres (V11 Sport) on a number of occasions at petrol stations but I can`t get the connector over the valve due to the position of the brake discs and the rigidity of the valve itself. A recent inspection of manual air pumps at Halfords (UK General Auto shop) sled me to believe I would have the same connector/ valve problem. I am sure the answer (s) are obvious to everyone but me. Please help.

John

You can get screw on adaptors which come out at an angle allowing you to use a forecourt pump.

I aways check my tyres at home because those forecourt pumps are often very inaccurate.

Guy :helmet:

There were cries of derision when I mentioned my right angle adapter the other day. But this is exactly the reason. Theres been times when I thought I'd never get any air in. My adapter can be seen in amongst my tyre repair kit.

060523063.jpg

Guest Nogbad
There were cries of derision when I mentioned my right angle adapter the other day. But this is exactly the reason. Theres been times when I thought I'd never get any air in. My adapter can be seen in amongst my tyre repair kit.

060523063.jpg

90880[/snapback]

Oh look! It's exactly the same as my right angle adaptor! What a coincidence.

90880[/snapback]

Please Martin. When you're a hole, stop digging.

90 degree tire stems..............I wonder why ANY motorcycles are delivered without them.  It's the FIRST farkle I apply, usually at the first tire change.

Don't leave home without it

90916[/snapback]

Enough said, 1st tyre change I did the same.

Rob

Another thing that counts in favour of the 90degree adaptor is that it is the perfect tool for destroying the air valve on top of your mountainbike fork legs. Just did that.... :luigi: