John's Scura

Not only is the road spray on the shock bad, the road spray on the transmission breather is alleged to actually increase the fluid level in the transmission!!!!!!

A rubber dam is a good idea.

Hello Matthieu,

"But then, isn't it how the 1100i are set-up?"

Sure, but bikes have sometimes irritating defaults when on stock configuration because of cost

or marketing reason (I remember for instance the grease spraying chain on my previous

Mostro or the lack of drain screw on modern forks). As we are enthusiasts, we generally

accept that...

:angry:

Back to the hugger, I've obviously not performed any durability test on my bike but I'm sure

that splashing the shock absorber with not only water but also small particles of sand can't be

good thing. :D

Cheers.

Pierre

Guest carlomoto

Hey, John.

I was at Moto Italiano tonight -- is that your Scura in the back with the very cool handle bars?

The bike looked ridden hard -- and looked like it enjoyed every mile (possible bushings issue aside).

^_^

I was over there having Pete check something out. While I was waiting I test drove a Tuono. The darn bike is a jackrabbit - wow.

But I still prefer my V11 Sport.

BTW, quick survey question Carl. I see you only joined back in March, but you say you've had your bike for almost a year now.

How did you end up hearing about the Forum? Did the guys at Moto Italiano tell you about it, or was it some other way?

...I'm just curious how folks end up finding out about the Forum, and if the MI guys are passing on the word like I asked them to :P

al

A rubber dam is a good idea.

.... a damn good idea :lol: Sorry, couldn't resist.

But I'll tell ya something else I find humorous about this whole "hugger removal" subject. It seems like on many other bikes out there, people are snapping up aftermarket huggers for their bikes that don't have them as delivered from the manufacturer, yet here we are talking about how to get rid of ours! Funny :rolleyes:

Just kinda ironic :P

I think the MG hugger is actually not too bad looking, but I think I'm going to look at making a shield to augment the fender like Lex did to keep water out of the transmission breather.

al

Hi Carl, Yes, that is my Scura with the different bars (Aluminium Pro Taper knock-offs). It's not entirely set up yet however. I noticed the worn bushings when I was fitting the bars so I haven't ridden with them other than to take it to the shop. I think they're a little bit too wide for my taste. I was warned about this from a friend who tried some on his bike but wanted to try it anyway.

Al, I agree with you on the hugger fender. I want something that'll cover up the space below the strut where the shock attaches to the swing arm. A whole lotta crud gets tossed up through there. I wanted to remove the airbox but decided just to cut the top off of it because of the dirt issue.

john

• 3 weeks later...
Guest carlomoto
BTW, quick survey question Carl. I see you only joined back in March, but you say you've had your bike for almost a year now.

How did you end up hearing about the Forum? Did the guys at Moto Italiano tell you about it, or was it some other way?

...I'm just curious how folks end up finding out about the Forum, and if the MI guys are passing on the word like I asked them to :P

al

Hey, Al:

I found this forum by accident. I'm glad I found it, tho. It's great to read.

Had I known that was your LeMans settin' over in the back, I would've said hello, indeed.

:)