Enzo's V11 'Cobra' project update

Enzo

As Enzo would tell you, everything I said about last weekend is a lie. Therefore, when I said his bike could pull mine, I was lying. It's actually way, way slower than even my Eldo.

I don't think you're a liar. I think you don't understand my thinking. You think I am selfish. You think I am thoughtless. Now, I might be ignorant, by I don't think everyone is beneath me and here to serve me. If I ever appear to be like this it is because I don't understand the situation and you don't understand mine. I don't think you could find many people who said I forgot to thank them, reimburse them or pay them in-kind. I know people expect you to do lots of stuff on their bikes for cheap or nothing, but you know I always offer to pay well. Yet you call these other people your friends and better than me - an elitist.

I also think you are a super patriot and a sort of cop lover - that you dislike my way of life and political views. It causes a grudge that snaps when there is enough pressure.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MotoMessiah

Wow. Your bike is the gaudiest thing I have ever seen. Guzzistein. An amalgamation of Harley bling meets color combination gone amok, plus a dash of added widgets that don't belong, let alone don't match or go together period. Kudos for driving down the blvd. with a flashing seer sucker suit. :bike:

BUT...A big 'A' for originality. :helmet:

...... If I ever appear to be like this it is because I don't understand the situation and you don't understand mine....

:thumbsup: Maybe that's true for all of us, all of the time....& too often we forget ...

Why you entertaining us with this squabble? Can't you sort it between yourselves?...:bier:

KB :sun:

:stupid:

Although I myself have gone off topic a few posts ago, please stay on topic from now on and please do the bickering off board.

93663[/snapback]

Oh come on Jaap, where's your sense of adventure? It's just starting to get good!

Aye, aye, Jaap.

Back to the topic at hand: der Cobra.

Seen in real life, the Cobra melds together as a theme much better than it ever could in photos. It also runs strong and appears to handle well. And it makes a sound unlike that I've heard from any other Guzzi; it's the same ungodly wail that Richard Petty's old racers made on the banking at Daytona.

Mario, I mean Greg, you have two very different ways of expressing your opinions.

"Has Enzo gone through the Red Curtain?"  etc.

92874[/snapback]

Well I am not sure what rock I have been hiding under while I missed Enzo's return. :o

I honestly thought Enzo had left the building and sold off the cobra in favor of the thundering Honda??? Well, anyway, welcome back and thanks for the latest incarnation of the Ghetto Goose. Bravo :drink:

I'm not being negative. "What we have here is a failure to communicate." That is what really went down.

Yes, I am ignorant. For instance, in this particular case, I was not even sure who brought down the salmon and cooking stuff. Now, everyone else might know that Guthrie does this, but I STILL do not know who brings the salmon. Why? Because I had no intention of hogging any of it. I had no idea what Guthrie brings to this thing. I mean, I see he has a trailer, but that is all I know. I honestly did not understand that a whole bunch of moving and hassling would be involved in taking down the camp. That is the truth. The bikes were already secured so there was nothing to do there - from my view. Perhaps a few bags or a tent or something would have to be put in another vehicle. From my point of ignorance, there was not much to be done. You see? Just ignorant of the facts. Nothing new about that. I am usually ignorant of the facts, but I am not a selfish person. Jesus, I am a working class drone who was raised by a poor factory man. I'm just like everyone else.

I can also see Greg's point. From his point of view I knew the situation and decided to ignore it. I can see why that would make him furious.

It's just two clashing perspectives. Two people who have a high sense of personal honor who were personally offended out of a type of ignorance. Outside of this incident I have nothing against Greg. He amuses me tremendously. But I have a feeling he holds a grudge toward me for my political views and stuff. That might have entered the picture on some level. I don't know.

I can also see Greg's point.  From his point of view I knew the situation and decided to ignore it.  I can see why that would make him furious.

93713[/snapback]

:bier:

A perfect example of relativist understanding (of two seemingly conflicting truths) at its best. BRAVO ENZO!!!

Guest Nogbadsson

So move on, let's be positive about the effort, and honest about how we think it looks. 

93569[/snapback]

Wow the parts look flash and he must have put buckets of effort into it but to be honest it looks a bit like he accidently drove it into lorence lowelen bowen's appartment and took the decoration with him... positive but honest hmmm I wont use that again...

Guest Nogbad
Wow the parts look flash and he must have put buckets of effort into it but to be honest it looks a bit like he accidently drove it into lorence lowelen bowen's appartment and took the decoration with him... positive but honest hmmm I wont use that again...

93883[/snapback]

Damn. The boy's grammar and spelling sucks...... where did I go wrong. :homer:

For the benefit of the non-UK members, Laurence Llewellyn-Bowen is a gayish TV interior designer much given to creating decor reminiscent of 70's New Romanticism.

Clashing colours, fussy stuff, you get the drift.

VG, I'm not sure what sort of springs you mean. These are stainless, and I haven't really looked at other bikes to see what sort of springs are used. Maybe you can post a pic of what you have in mind.

You make a good point about the Trapp discs with an open pipe. I agree that it doesn't really make much sense. The only reason they are there is an attempt to disperse the noise. I'm not sure it makes any difference.

One thing is for sure - this bike runs very strong and has a huge top end that runs away cleanly from other V11/Lemans bikes. But, it really howls.

I was dicing it up with a CB1000R last weekend. The guy had on racing leathers with some sort of sponsorship. I stayed right on him and even passed him on an open stretch. I'm quite sure he was amazed to see the lowly Guzzi.

VG,  I'm not sure what sort of springs you mean.  These are stainless, and I haven't really looked at other bikes to see what sort of springs are used.  Maybe you can post a pic of what you have in mind.

You make a good point about the Trapp discs with an open pipe.  I agree that it doesn't really make much sense.  The only reason they are there is an attempt to disperse the noise.  I'm not sure it makes any difference.

One thing is for sure - this bike runs very strong and has a huge top end that runs away cleanly from other V11/Lemans bikes.  But, it really howls.

I was dicing it up with a CB1000R last weekend.  The guy had on racing leathers with some sort of sponsorship.  I stayed right on him and even passed him on an open stretch.  I'm quite sure he was amazed to see the lowly Guzzi.

93910[/snapback]

was he 80? or 12 tickets? or just wanting to get a look at your christmas card of a bike? I find that hard to believe a CBR is in a whole nother league than a goose. -_-

....Given the nature of his prose, one might assume Enzo a contentious rider. Passing the CB with great effort is a reasonable boast for a such a man. ....

...you have a lovely way with words :thumbsup:

KB :sun: