Enzo's V11 'Cobra' project update

Enzo

Nice!! Time to invest in tire warmers.

The unlimited power and magnetic pull on chicks sounds great, but what pushes it over the proverbial edge for me is:

"The other nice thing with bringing the pipe down the length of the right side is that it balances out the rear brake carrier and disc. The bike is so well balanced now that you can come to a complete stop without putting your foot down."

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: Lookit me ma, lookit me - NO FEET!!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL! Taste, it's such an individual thing. I love it that everyone's is different. Ah, the options are almost endless.

I say, "hurray for you Enzo" for what you have done to your bike. I've never seen the like. :notworthy:

And I must also admit that I am never quite so sure of my personal visions or tastes and I applaud you for having the guts to hang your's out there. Don't pay any attention to these naysayers here.

But do understand that of course my taste is actually the "ultimate taste" and all others shall be judged by it. ;)

You did good my friend. :thumbsup:

I like it. Not ecstatic over the paint pattern on the tank, but would have to see it in person to make a solid judgement.

I admire the balls it takes to modify the Goose like this. I tend to think of my bike as more or less finished from the factory. Enzo thinks of it as raw material, both in performance and appearance. Gotta love that.

fish

Tom, you've given me yet another wonderful idea. I think I'd like a set of color tyres. Why not take it to the next level. People walk up to it and think - either a clown owns that or Valentino Rossi or some other crazy Italian monster rider.

I try to have the best tyres on this thing because I ride it hard. If those color tyres are actually very good aircraft types, I might give them a try next time. I think I'd go red and match the frame. I mean, when you can pull up to a bar and empty the place out with people who hear you coming and then have to see the bike -- it's sort of cool.

Nice!!  Time to invest in tire warmers.

The unlimited power and magnetic pull on chicks sounds great, but what pushes it over the proverbial edge for me is:

"The other nice thing with bringing the pipe down the length of the right side is that it balances out the rear brake carrier and disc.  The bike is so well balanced now that you can come to a complete stop without putting your foot down."

:notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy: Lookit me ma, lookit me - NO FEET!!

92878[/snapback]

I kind of thought the bike was mis-balanced in the other direction.

Moving the exhaust to the Griso side would have made more sense, I think :huh2:

I was considering ways of moving the battery to the left, but no good ideas, yet.

Guest ratchethack

Er, "balancing" the V11 by juggling the battery and exhaust to offset the rear brake to port would seem to be a bit like counting the number of angels dancing on the head of a pin as long as there's a whopping big bevel drive TRANSMISSION and DRIVESHAFT hanging considerably off-center to stab'd. . . . . . :huh2:

BAA, TJM -_-

I try to have the best tyres on this thing because I ride it hard.  If those color tyres are actually very good aircraft types, I might give them a try next time. 

92943[/snapback]

Don't waste your time/risk your life, Enz ol' boy: the Tomahawks are retreads!:wacko:

What's barely acceptable in terms of safety for a big-rig w/ a dozen tires on the road is an ABSOLUTE non-starter for anyone riding a motorcycle who values their bike/skin/life [not necessarily in that order!] :homer:

FWIW, I think your colour scheme is unfortunate in the extreme, but applaud your unabashed fearlessness in making this "your bike!" ;)

And of course, still lovin' the Cobras, even in that hideous shade o' blue!

:thumbsup:

You go, Enzo!

:mg:

Er, "balancing" the V11 by juggling the battery and exhaust to offset the rear brake to port would seem to be a bit like counting the number of angels dancing on the head of a pin as long as....[nitpicky technical content deleted]

Yes, YES. It's just that kind of psychical balancing that allows foot levitation and consequent placement behind the head - without interrupting the latte flow. It's the flow man, it's the floooow.... :race:

Enzo,

Regarding the Tomohawk colorful tires, they are an FAA certified repair station and they provide tires for jets that have to survive 200+ mph landings. I've not ridden them, but a number of folks I have ridden with have. They are not exactly retreads, they may strip down a high dollar carcass and put their rubber compounds on it, but they are not the retreads we all used in the 70's. Again, not a supporter or detractor of these suckers, but have also read fair comments in the magazines, and suggest you look for yourself. Likely not as good as a Dunlop Qualifier, but better than a Cheng Shin..

Er, "balancing" the V11 by juggling the battery and exhaust to offset the rear brake to port would seem to be a bit like counting the number of angels dancing on the head of a pin as long as there's a whopping big bevel drive TRANSMISSION and DRIVESHAFT hanging considerably off-center to stab'd. . . . . .  :huh2:

BAA, TJM -_-

92954[/snapback]

counting angels is child's play.

Just about any shift to the left would be a good thing, and you need a shift to the left way more than I. :bier: