Enzo's V11 'Cobra' project update

Enzo

Ben,

A well tuned V11 might easily pass a CB1K in the sweeps. Considert this: The Honda is heavier, fussier, but more importantly; most often ridden by the early or late life poseur. In a straight line race... I'll agree; Not nearly a chance for the twin.

The Guzzi is leggy, comfortable as an old shoe, and interactive. Better in all respescts than a four. Given the nature of his prose, one might assume Enzo a contentious rider. Passing the CB with great effort is a reasonable boast for a such a man. I can't pass a CBR. But then, I have no desire to try.

93919[/snapback]

I totally agree in a sweeper but the key lingo here is "I stayed right on him and even passed him on an open stretch" I read that and thought, are you high? I would believe it in the twisties especially since most that ride the cb1000r are not very good riders, great riders usually have something a little better than that. I can't believe how bad 90% of the supersport crowd is they only live in the open stretches I can pass most of them (to thier amazement) in sweepers but look like I'm not even moving in the straights compared to thier 140mph hole shots. :huh2: they just live for the speed rush and not the riding enjoyment.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not know which bike Enzo refers to, but if it was the one on Hwy. 7, he did stay with the guy, as did I, until they pulled off a pass on a curve for which there was not room for three to pass. I was never able to close the gap after that.

If that is the bike to which he refers, I remember its rider being dressed in squiddly tennis shoes, jeans, and jacket.

I do not know which bike Enzo refers to, but if it was the one on Hwy. 7, he did stay with the guy, as did I, until they pulled off a pass on a curve for which there was not room for three to pass. I was never able to close the gap after that.

If that is the bike to which he refers, I remember its rider being dressed in squiddly tennis shoes, jeans, and jacket.

93960[/snapback]

If it was the guy wearing these,

nike1pb.jpg

I suspect we all could have passed him :helmet:

If it was the guy wearing these,

nike1pb.jpg

I suspect we all could have passed him  :helmet:

93970[/snapback]

Maybe Enzo was wearing these:

nike_back_to_the_future_kicks_1_2.jpg

If so, we'd know for a fact that the Cobra is fast enough for time travel!

Thanks, VG on the springs. I will order some tonight.

The guy on the CBR was an excellent rider. Very very smooth. He didn't move an inch on that bike. He was very used to high speeds around corners. This is why he looked to me like a track dude. I was happy to stay with him. Perhaps he was amusing himself, but at those speeds, he must have been putting out some effort. Yes, this was the guy on HW 7.

People forget that I own an RC 51, so I can compare the Cobra to that. I have often said that up to 100 mph the Guzzi is stronger. I'll stand by that.

If I am fast, it is because I have logged some time with Greg Field. Before I rode with him he once challenged me to a 100 mile race or so on his Eldo. I thought this was pretty funny. Then I later learned that he was not only serious, but he would have won. I have never ridden with anyone who can keep up such an ungodly pace for mile after mile. He seems to do it effortlessly on either his anti-gravity pod Eldo or his new BillyBob.

But I am sort of lazy and don't like to pay so much attention for long periods. But my riding improves with every year, and I have the reflexes and balance of a natural racer. I think I could have been a real racer if I'd done all this when young. I also have a competitive nature and thrill in the hunt. There are times when I can decide to go fast and I can be quite fast in those moments.

I have also done some very high speed riding when last year I went to Mt. St. Helens with a guy on an R1. He does track days as a hobby. I rode my RC 51 and saw some serious speeds. I think the guy on the Yamaha was quite impressed with the potential of a dedicated twin.

....challenged me to a 100 mile race or so on his Eldo....but he would have won....I have the reflexes and balance of a natural racer....I could have been a real racer....a competitive nature and thrill in the hunt. ...

Racing on open roads is just bullshit.

Why don't you take it to the track, Enzo?

"When the flag drops..." etc.

KB :sun:

was he 80? or 12 tickets? or just wanting to get a look at your christmas card of a bike? I find that hard to believe a CBR is in a whole nother league than a goose.  -_-

93917[/snapback]

yes, you kinda lost me there too...i was ready for a very strong V11, hey, even a kill-them-all-V11, but dicing with a four inline of a straight line, noooo way. And take that from someone with a bike that's about 25 kgs less than a normal V11.

on a straight line i personally kept up with a GSXR1000 but they were two on the bike, and up to a certain speed, but don't ask the two valves Guzzi anymore than a temporary victory :)

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. The 'straight line' I refer to was passing sections between cars. I don't think we hit anything over 100 mph and this is why the Guzz could run with anyone under those speeds in the corners and passing a couple cars. Of course, if you talk about speeds above that - forget it. I thought I made that clear.

Tony - don't look at this thread anymore. You should be getting ready to see Germany beat Italy anyway. Drink some grappa so the pain goes away.

I can beat a GSXR600 till about 80ish, but after that its like I'm not moving. which isn't so bad because after that the tickets get nasty. I wish my goose was a little stronger down low but I don't care enough to get a new bike for that. I'm sure ppl will compare my bike to a little less edgy enzo once I get done with her, Though I don't think I'll make my own exhaust since my uncle moved to florida(professional welder) :huh2:

Tony - don't look at this thread anymore.  You should be getting ready to see Germany beat Italy anyway.  Drink some grappa so the pain goes away.

94029[/snapback]

Thanks for the tip mate.

I just need a good Samaritan who cares about me and gives me good tips to better my life.

BTW, I put the grappa in my tank to kick some ass to some fouls riding on a RC51…

BTW, I put the grappa in my tank to kick some ass to some fouls riding on a RC51…

94036[/snapback]

"fools" ride bikes "made by wery limited people"

May the football team of the country with the best motorcycles win!!! :bier: