Group Buy?

jimbemotumbo

what exactly is this about? thier new V4 going on the market? but only very limited? MGS but even less huh? anyway look at the GT1000, can anyone say Ducati V11 Sport Naked!!!!! I think its almost too minimalist and I bet too pricey as well. :huh2:

that RR is so choice. If you have the means I highly recommend it!

what exactly is this about? thier new V4 going on the market? but only very limited? MGS but even less huh? anyway look at the GT1000, can anyone say Ducati V11 Sport Naked!!!!! I think its almost too minimalist and I bet too pricey as well.  :huh2:

that RR is so choice. If you have the means I highly recommend it!

93102[/snapback]

I was drawn also to the GT1000 roll out, more than to that engine story. Looks like just up my alley........that great dual spark motor, no frills cooling, reasonable ergos, modern suspension bits. Add a good looking screen and removable bags and I'll buy it, if it's not too much over 8 or 9k. But, knowing Ducati, these 'retro' models, despite being fairly parts bin and low tech, are commanding insane prices.............

Ah well, I guess I'll suffer through my V11 for a few more years........ :grin:

This is an interesting bit:

"Therefore, the article on the front page of MCN from April 5, 2006 is mistaken in saying that we will .... This counts as a real “bufala" (bufala in Italian literally means buffalo but it is used colloquially to mean a mistake) and does not correspond to our actual plans for the bike.

This is not the first time that the news on the cover of MCN is lacking in a factual basis. For example, just take a look at the MCN article that supposedly anticipates a new version of the 999 - this is just a cut and paste combining the 999, 916 and Desmosedici and absolutely was not designed by us. I would like to use this opportunity to set things straight giving you the real facts about the bike."

I suppose this is the American MCN, but same probably holds true for UK's MotorCycle News and the 'interesting' Moto Guzzi 'pictures' – off-roader and all....

After my experience with MCN changing all the words of my interview with them I will never believe a word of anything they print!

Guy  :helmet:

93133[/snapback]

...and the way that they doctored your photograph!!!!

If you want an intelligent M/C magaziine that covers the whole spectrum, there have only been two in "recent" years. The late, lamented Cycle and Motorcycle Sport and Leisure.

Neither allow(ed) advertising to influence them and they were exceptionally complementary. Cycle was the hands-on tech and hard-numbers test mag, MCS the intuitive testing and theory one. I miss Cycle greatly - never seen anyone else have the bottle to completely dismantle test machines.

mike

I suppose this is the American MCN, but same probably holds true for UK's MotorCycle News and the 'interesting' Moto Guzzi 'pictures' – off-roader and all....

93129[/snapback]

Actually, the American MCN [Motorcycle Consumer News; B&W printing only, not a "slick"] is not the sort to make up stuff; quite the opposite! Hard hitting, serious reportage only. Complete reverse of the Brit MCN [glossy, lots of pics, short words used for their fictional reportage] I assure you!

;)

It's nice to see Ducati is finally bringing the Apollo to market, even tho' its 30 years later than originally forecast, it seems to have improved with age!

:thumbsup:

Unfortunately, the price has also been "enhanced!" :homer:

Ride on,

:mg:

Guest parvo

Another magazine that I think does a fair job, although there's too much chopper stuff is Robb Report - Mortorcycles.

I don't know if they sell it out of the U.S. I do know that you can get it at Wal Mart.