sitting comfortably

windchill

I know this has been done almost to death, but I can't find anything more recent than "corbin seats won't fir the V11 LeMans 2003" etc.

Is that still the case? I want something more comfortable that doesn't seem to keep pushing my wotsits on to thee tank!

I know this has been done almost to death, but I can't find anything more recent than "corbin seats won't fir the V11 LeMans 2003" etc.

Is that still the case? I want something more comfortable that doesn't seem to keep pushing my wotsits on to thee tank!

93322[/snapback]

Won't FIT even!!

If you want a more local option Tony Archer in Huddersfield will rebuild your seat to a more comfy specification.

His telephone number is 01484 536832..

I have not used him personally but he has an excellent reputation.

Guy :helmet:

even with the Maund seat (which I have) your 'wotsies (?)' will get a crushing. Haven't figured out a way to prevent this, but the plus side is that you probably need to have your body weight moving as far forward as possible considering the rear weight bias of the V11's.

However, if you find a solution, let me know!!!

Thanks for the ideas. Will contact our man uup North.

Unfortunately, during theis hot weather, unddrpants stuffed strategically with impact absorbing foam are a bit uncomfortable!! The other alternative is a tank covering, leather stretching beer gut, but my wife, let alone the horse, would not approve!

Thanks for the ideas. Will contact our man uup North.

Unfortunately, during theis hot weather, unddrpants stuffed strategically with impact absorbing foam are a bit uncomfortable!! The other alternative is a tank covering, leather stretching beer gut, but my wife, let alone the horse, would not approve!

93366[/snapback]

The Maund seat helped me a bit - he takes off the center crown and a flatter seat means more room for your pals big and bigger. Also, if you're already used to squeezing your knees together to stay in a saddle, you might find these helpful: http://techspec-usa.com/

icegrip1.jpg

I'm using the clear ones (shown) and it's a welcome relief to know that I can go hard on the brakes and avoid a major gonadal crush. :thumbsup: Too bad I don't always remember this... :(

Wives across the globe approve. :grin:

If you want a cheap alternative... Try some window tint cling film. Its pretty cheap and you find out if this method prevents gonad damage.

I attempted it this past weekend and it works. Looks pretty goofy but works. I found the film at Wallmart for a few $ and was "fully functional" after a hard ride..

I also put a wool cover over the seat (Alaska Leather). It helps, however its butt ugly. Extreme, temporary relief for the real sore ass.

:mg:

If you want a cheap alternative... Try some window tint cling film.  Its pretty cheap and you find out if this method prevents gonad damage. :mg:

93404[/snapback]

ehhh...so ones supposed to wrap the nads in cling film? might be interesting, and probably worth trying but is this the right forum for discussing things like that?? :cheese:

ehhh...so ones supposed to wrap the nads in cling film? might be interesting, and probably worth trying but is this the right forum for discussing things like that??  :cheese:

93431[/snapback]

:D

I see images that I really don't wanna see.....

Nads in cling film...OMG!

:P

:D

I see images that I really don't wanna see.....

Nads in cling film...OMG!

:P

93446[/snapback]

Reminds me of the 1970s punk film Jubilee- you need to have seen it to know what I am talking about!

Guy :helmet: